Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 19, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #5,176 of 6,090
One year plus a few months into purchase, one pair has spit strain reliefs at the plug's end, blocked filter causing reduced volume on one side, fixed with removal of said filters. Overall they are pretty durable, but not of the best build quality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Same thing here, split strain reliefs 5 months in. Though I haven't exactly been gentle with them as i've sat on them many of times. The housing end is pretty durable though. They should've made the plug's relief shorter so it wouldn't bend as much under stress.

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #5,177 of 6,090
From Amazon reviews:
"They're durable too - I've probably had them over a year and they hold up to the abuse that I put them through, which usually does headphones in pretty fast. I almost freaked out when I lost them recently, but luckily I found them in the grass at a park - they had been sitting there almost a week and they still worked :) "
"Great headphones. Work well and no problems so far. Very durable. Only problem is the cord is a bit longer than most headphones"

Haha that person who wrote it, is on head fi as well. Don't exactly remember who he is but he's here.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #5,178 of 6,090
Selling my Singolo.  PM if interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/775166/kef-m200-philips-fidelio-s2-zero-audio-carbo-singolo

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #5,179 of 6,090
  Meh i don't know about this, reviews in amazon say even if you baby them they are guaranteed to break in less than a year, and ppl here say they work for nearly a year but only if use them sporadically. It might not even be a good value buy.

Well, I don't use them sporadically; they are used at least 4 times a week at work, for about 3-4 hours at each go. I take them on and off throughout these sessions, as my job requires some form of interaction amongst my colleagues. They've been used in this manner since January of this year. So far, they are holding up pretty well, with nary a scratch on them. The cabling and strain reliefs on the monitors are holding up well, too. I baby my stuff, so that's probably the reason why they're staying in good shape all this while. Certainly, if I were to stuff the Tenore in my pockets, or pull them in and out of bags all the time, they might not last as long, or as well as they have.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #5,181 of 6,090
So I broke out the Tenore for music listening after a few months of non-use (it's my go to for movies on the iPad/computer). What a great budget iem. Perhaps the king of budget offerings that I've heard. Such a good compromise between vocal intimacy, yet retaining an overall spacious stage.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #5,182 of 6,090
So I broke out the Tenore for music listening after a few months of non-use (it's my go to for movies on the iPad/computer). What a great budget iem. Perhaps the king of budget offerings that I've heard. Such a good compromise between vocal intimacy, yet retaining an overall spacious stage.

You broke your Tenore after a few months and its a great budget iem??

How is the Havi Pro1 sound compared to the Tenore, if its better or about equivalent, then its a better value than iem if it lasts the equivalent of 2-3 Tenore's. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #5,184 of 6,090
Lol, what he said! ^^^
My Tenore works just fine.

I did not like the Havi Pro 1 at all and thought it sounded pretty poor, so probably not the best to ask about a comparison. Plus it was a long time ago when I had it.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #5,186 of 6,090
@LonghornTech
Oh, lol, my bad. Though really the number of people reporting them broken is very high.

@shotgunshane

As far as I understand the Tenore has lots more mid bass than the Pro 1? Because I have a very warm amp, so I'm guestimating the bass anemic Pro 1 will sound better than the Tenores for me.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #5,187 of 6,090

beerchug.gif

So what have you been using instead of Tenore?

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #5,189 of 6,090
@LonghornTech

Oh, lol, my bad. Though really the number of people reporting them broken is very high.

@shotgunshane

As far as I understand the Tenore has lots more mid bass than the Pro 1? Because I have a very warm amp, so I'm guestimating the bass anemic Pro 1 will sound better than the Tenores for me.

The Tenore is a little warm. It's bass has a feeling of tilting up towards sub bass. Overall it's slightly boosted but fairly linear across the boost. A warm amp would be too much in the warm direction for me.

:beerchug:

So what have you been using instead of Tenore?

Mainly the UERM but the E-Q8 and GR10E have been in the mix as well. As for dynamic drivers, I've got my eye on the soon to be released MEE Audio Pinnacle P1. It's supposedly a neutralish tuning with a slight bit of added warmth. Fingers crossed.

Aug 2, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #5,190 of 6,090
What makes the Tenores a better choice than the Bassos?

Depends on your music preference. If you like dark, bass-heavy IEMs, the Basso is the right choice. Otherwise, the Tenore is the better earphone, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back