Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 15, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #5,161 of 6,090
  I was just thinking whether if the bass tightened up a bit or no? If it didn't, I'll probably go with Shure's SE115 or Tenores.

Okay I've probably got around 70-80 hours on these, dont really get much listening time due to busy work.

They definitiely have tightened up a little bit, but only marginally. They're still a little loose for what I would prefer, and I would consider myself a basshead who likes a bit of decay and reverb.

Having said that however it seems that the sub bass has come out to play a little more or maybe the mid-bass has settled a little. Either way the bass now sounds very full, with no particular area of the bass spectrum enhanced over the other, it's elevated almost linearly.

So if you like your bass and don't mind it being a bit slow and sloppy then I would reccommend them. for around £25 they're a steal! :)

Hope that helps!

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #5,162 of 6,090
What's the average lifespan of these? I mean if you have to buy 2 because they break so easily might as well buy the Havi B3.

I see you guys have tried super gluing the strain reliefs, did you try heat shrink tubing?

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #5,163 of 6,090
  What's the average lifespan of these? I mean if you have to buy 2 because they break so easily might as well buy the Havi B3.

I see you guys have tried super gluing the strain reliefs, did you try heat shrink tubing?

All I can say is that they aren't built for tough use for sure. Mine is now ~10 months old but I keep switching between my IEM collection so actual used time is much less. They are like almost new. 

They likely won't last a forced pull. Say, if the cable gets caught into something while you're walking... that's a thing to worry. Superglue I won't recommend since it destroys elasticity of strain reliefs and actually make them more vulnerable to snaps.

Recabling might be an only option here. All worries lie with cable alone. Earpieces are sturdy.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #5,164 of 6,090

I've had mine since January, and I've used them quite a lot in the office. Build quality seems to be holding up, although I can't guarantee if they'll survive any falls or accumulated bumps/knocks. Still, the strain relief is holding up well, and they look almost brand new.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #5,165 of 6,090
Slightly late to the party, but I have a friend visiting Japan, so I thought I'd get a pair of these. Now, the problem is, I can't decide between the two. I like bass, but I don't want it to be overbearing. I listen to mostly hip-hop and electronic and I use Philips SHE3590 and JVC RX700. I've gone through quite a few of the posts here, and each one leaves me more confused. So, if I'm looking for a more 'fun' sounding pair rather than something 'analytical', should I go for the Tenore or the Basso?

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #5,166 of 6,090
  Slightly late to the party, but I have a friend visiting Japan, so I thought I'd get a pair of these. Now, the problem is, I can't decide between the two. I like bass, but I don't want it to be overbearing. I listen to mostly hip-hop and electronic and I use Philips SHE3590 and JVC RX700. I've gone through quite a few of the posts here, and each one leaves me more confused. So, if I'm looking for a more 'fun' sounding pair rather than something 'analytical', should I go for the Tenore or the Basso?

I prefer Tenore unless you are a basshead and want bass to overpower the mids.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #5,168 of 6,090

I wouldn't say I'm a basshead, though I do like some bass. I'm just worried that the Tenores might be too flat/boring and I wouldn't end up enjoying them.

I had the SHE3590 once, and if I recall correctly, they had quite a bit of bass. Probably has a bit more mid-bass quantity than the Tenore. Still, I wouldn't call the Tenore flat or boring at all - they have an engaging sound with slightly boosted mid-bass, coupled with smooth and controlled treble. Mid-range is also lush and well-rounded. The Basso ups the mid-bass, whilst sacrificing a little in treble presence and sparkle.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #5,169 of 6,090

I wouldn't say I'm a basshead, though I do like some bass. I'm just worried that the Tenores might be too flat/boring and I wouldn't end up enjoying them.

Nope, Tenore is not boring at all. On the contrary they have a fun, engaging sound with a slight boost in sub-bass. Also I've found them too much recessed in the midrange after listening IM50 for a long time which are mid-forward indeed.  Tenore was not my cup of tea so that I sold it and kept my IM50s. Maybe I got a bassy pair which are very common.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #5,170 of 6,090

I'd recommend Basso if you like your bass in 3590 which is a bassy IEM. But you know both of them are very cheap maybe you can buy both and sell the one you like least.
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #5,171 of 6,090

I'd recommend Basso if you like your bass in 3590 which is a bassy IEM. But you know both of them are very cheap maybe you can buy both and sell the one you like least.
wink.gif

I see. I think I'll go for the Basso then. I really like the bass in my 3590, I'd rather not get something that has less. Thanks!

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #5,172 of 6,090

I see. I think I'll go for the Basso then. I really like the bass in my 3590, I'd rather not get something that has less. Thanks!

Incidentally, where are you getting your Basso (or Tenore) from? An online store?

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #5,173 of 6,090
Meh i don't know about this, reviews in amazon say even if you baby them they are guaranteed to break in less than a year, and ppl here say they work for nearly a year but only if use them sporadically. It might not even be a good value buy.

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #5,174 of 6,090
  Meh i don't know about this, reviews in amazon say even if you baby them they are guaranteed to break in less than a year, and ppl here say they work for nearly a year but only if use them sporadically. It might not even be a good value buy.

From Amazon reviews:
"They're durable too - I've probably had them over a year and they hold up to the abuse that I put them through, which usually does headphones in pretty fast. I almost freaked out when I lost them recently, but luckily I found them in the grass at a park - they had been sitting there almost a week and they still worked :) "
"Great headphones. Work well and no problems so far. Very durable. Only problem is the cord is a bit longer than most headphones"

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #5,175 of 6,090
One year plus a few months into purchase, one pair has spit strain reliefs at the plug's end, blocked filter causing reduced volume on one side, fixed with removal of said filters. Overall they are pretty durable, but not of the best build quality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back