Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Feb 11, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #4,681 of 6,090
So.... Shipping without tracking ID?

ye i confimed with the seller, no tracking and no insurance, but he does give refund if it does not arrive and i'm sure it will. here is the message from the seller.

Hi,
Thank you for your message.

Item was ships on Feb05.
I was shipped by AIRMAIL instead of SAL.
For AIRMAIL flight, I do not put a tracking number.
If the luggage does not arrive until Mar05,
Before you can open a case,
Please contact me.
I will refund if the luggage does not arrive.

Thank you,

- akibashipping

i think you can pick registered but it will be 9 euro but by the time i bought it i did not read the description cause i figured it's recomended so no need to read. but here you go. i think they send you custom price if you want registered. i don't know how it works you need to contact the seller and ask them cause there is no option to pick registered postage but in description he wrote 9 euro more for registered mail. hope that helps. cheers

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #4,682 of 6,090

ye i confimed with the seller, no tracking and no insurance, but he does give refund if it does not arrive and i'm sure it will. here is the message from the seller.

Hi,
Thank you for your message.

Item was ships on Feb05.
I was shipped by AIRMAIL instead of SAL.
For AIRMAIL flight, I do not put a tracking number.
If the luggage does not arrive until Mar05,
Before you can open a case,
Please contact me.
I will refund if the luggage does not arrive.

Thank you,

- akibashipping

i think you can pick registered but it will be 9 euro but by the time i bought it i did not read the description cause i figured it's recomended so no need to read. but here you go. i think they send you custom price if you want registered. i don't know how it works you need to contact the seller and ask them cause there is no option to pick registered postage but in description he wrote 9 euro more for registered mail. hope that helps. cheers

Yeah!! Same happened with me when I got my Tenore from AkibaShipping. I also didn't notice extra $5 mentioned for registered mail. On top of that Akiba forgot to put my contact number on parcel (it's a must since no mailman is allowed within office premises, where I wanted delivery). Fortunately I managed to get the parcel. Packing was fantastic and product was genuine. No worries. 
Oh and yes, he had guaranteed a refund just in case the parcel fails to arrive before deadline.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #4,683 of 6,090
Finally figured out the best fit for my ears, and weirdly its with the stock medium tips. I had to wear them over ear with a very shallow fit to get the most balanced sound. I actually like wearing it over ear now simce it eliminates the cable sound and puts less strain on the cables.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #4,684 of 6,090
Finally figured out the best fit for my ears, and weirdly its with the stock medium tips. I had to wear them over ear with a very shallow fit to get the most balanced sound. I actually like wearing it over ear now simce it eliminates the cable sound and puts less strain on the cables.

Stock tips are good, actually. Try using comply foam. I use it and the result is really nice.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #4,685 of 6,090
Bought the Tenor and ran in for about 80 hrs. Just took a subway ride in them playing Buena Vista Social Club. Totally immersive and engaging; almost miss my stop, rip it off while playing air guitar and missed a step.

Tonal balance is natural, dynamics and details are good too. Really hard to believe that cost so little.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #4,686 of 6,090
how much do you think the audio is worth?

Quote:
Bought the Tenor and ran in for about 80 hrs. Just took a subway ride in them playing Buena Vista Social Club. Totally immersive and engaging; almost miss my stop, rip it off while playing air guitar and missed a step.

Tonal balance is natural, dynamics and details are good too. Really hard to believe that cost so little.

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #4,687 of 6,090

Welcome to the Tenore club!

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #4,688 of 6,090

Just wondering if you bought it locally or from eBay. If you happen to buy it locally, please let me know where. Thanks.

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #4,689 of 6,090
  Just wondering if you bought it locally or from eBay. If you happen to buy it locally, please let me know where. Thanks.

My friend bought it for me in Tokyo. I think they sell this in Song Brother at Sim Lim in Sg.

I just tried it against the Dita Answer. Ist thing the Dita strike me as more detail esp in terms of dynamics from acoustic instruments; sounds more organic. Heavy piano key strikes etc has more heft and body with a more 3D portrayal of space. So overall the Tenore errs on ommision.

Taking into account the law of diminishing return, I would guess the Tenore at somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of the Dita. I'm implying that the Tenore is just ridiculous value at around USD30 and the Answer is good value and a really enjoyable IEM that I'll definitely get if I have a better portable source than my iPhone. In the mean time count me as a very satisfied customer and a fan of Zero Audio.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #4,691 of 6,090
  My friend bought it for me in Tokyo. I think they sell this in Song Brother at Sim Lim in Sg.

I just tried it against the Dita Answer. Ist thing the Dita strike me as more detail esp in terms of dynamics from acoustic instruments; sounds more organic. Heavy piano key strikes etc has more heft and body with a more 3D portrayal of space. So overall the Tenore errs on ommision.

Taking into account the law of diminishing return, I would guess the Tenore at somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of the Dita. I'm implying that the Tenore is just ridiculous value at around USD30 and the Answer is good value and a really enjoyable IEM that I'll definitely get if I have a better portable source than my iPhone. In the mean time count me as a very satisfied customer and a fan of Zero Audio.

Thanks @sonq. Yes, I did Google and found Song Brother selling Duoza for S$158 (SRP$198) but that was weeks ago before our SGD dropped to $1.35 to a USD. What a bummer huh?

That advice about taking into account the law of diminishing return is very sensible indeed.  By the way, where did you get  the audition for Dita if you don't mind? Dita Answer is $649, isn't it? 
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #4,692 of 6,090
I 1st auditioned both versions at the recent Hifi show held in the hotel at Kitchener rd. a colleague of mine bought the Answer (and many other phones plus the AK240), so I have access to it.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #4,693 of 6,090
I 1st auditioned both versions at the recent Hifi show held in the hotel at Kitchener rd. a colleague of mine bought the Answer (and many other phones plus the AK240), so I have access to it.

Your friend seems to be rich... Dita Answer + AK240 and more earphones, just wow. He might have spent thousands of dollars. 

I think comparing Answer with Tenore is not fair. It costs 15 times as much, so naturally it will sound much better. But good to know that at least it offers immense value for price.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #4,694 of 6,090
I just recieved my tenore today. WOW... O.o I was completely stunned by that bass extension coming from fxt90, ttpod t1e, and piston 2s.

Can you compare the Tenores to the T1E?

Sent from aifon

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #4,695 of 6,090
I picked up archy121 spare pair of Tenore's and have been listening to them over the weekend. I'd left my GR07 at work so wasn't able to AB them but could help thinking they are on that level.

So I'm at work now and, well, yeah they are! There is so much to like about the sound; flat and fast are the words I'd use. I understand some reservations regarding decay, I think eke2K6 mentioned this, it's almost too quick. I understand why people may find them a little thin.

The treble is more polite than the GR07, sound-stage is wider overall and more 3D. I think the GR07 image slightly better, seems to have more layers to me (need to do more listening), Tenore seems to keep most instruments and vocals further away, again more listening required. 2 things GR07 do better, perhaps better than pretty much anything out there from general impressions, are snare drum and guitar bite.

Fantastic IEM for the money, I mean really good. We are living in crazy time where you can get this quality for such little money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back