Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Feb 5, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4,666 of 6,090

Where do you guys buy tips from? It's kinda expensive on ebay, $9 CAD for a pair of double flange with shipping 
confused_face.gif
 And I assume that the Meelectronic tips will fit on the Carbo's? 

Yes, the Meelectronic double flange in the original post fit on both the Tenore and Basso (and Singolo also).  On the Tenore, it's a semi-loose fit to the nozzle, so sometimes when I pull them out of my ear, the tips stay in my ear.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #4,667 of 6,090

Where do you guys buy tips from? It's kinda expensive on ebay, $9 CAD for a pair of double flange with shipping 
confused_face.gif
 And I assume that the Meelectronic tips will fit on the Carbo's? 

Yes, the Meelectronic double flange in the original post fit on both the Tenore and Basso (and Singolo also).  On the Tenore, it's a semi-loose fit to the nozzle, so sometimes when I pull them out of my ear, the tips stay in my ear.

Just cut up a small section of an unused tip from another earphone and put it between the two. Or better yet, if you have an mh1 tip, cut the bottom of the tip so you literally have a mini ring to put on the tenore. Then put the meelec over that.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #4,671 of 6,090
Well i haven't been following too closely on this thread, but i don't think i've seen complaints about bass diminishing, but i did see a lot of build quality issues. Maybe the diminishing bass could just be from careless handling?

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #4,672 of 6,090
  Well i haven't been following too closely on this thread, but i don't think i've seen complaints about bass diminishing, but i did see a lot of build quality issues. Maybe the diminishing bass could just be from careless handling?

careless handling. no.

I am using double flange from the beginning. I use the same player also. I say with all certainty.The Bass decreased, in the First Hours were powerful , nowadays lost in quantity but not inquality.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,673 of 6,090
Aside from tip/fit issues, you must referring to the inconsistencies with the tuning as some batches exhibited a slight boost in bass where others were more linear on a reference scale.

I agree with SGS that extension doesn't lose over time.  I surmise that some or many may have mistaken that the initial bass impact/slam may 'sound' diminished over time, when it's actually the bass decay and/or flabbiness that tightens up from prolonged use. Again, tips and insertion depth can effect the perception of sound from subtle to major changes. Forgotten EQ being on or other software/hardware enhancements plays its part as well.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #4,675 of 6,090
Feb 9, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #4,677 of 6,090
There is a lot of energy in the bass when you first listen to it out of the box, but after 20 hours or so it starts to calm down. The bass becomes a lot smoother and less visceral/aggressive as it was in the beginning.

For me it was reverse. Initially bass was non existent. Mid bass started showing up at 40hrs and sub bass at 100hrs. That's all!

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #4,680 of 6,090

Users who are viewing this thread

Back