Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #3,586 of 6,090
Welp. Maybe the AS Rockets will be your savior Gnarl

Dale: ROCKETS are designed to work well with just a smartphone. They are not meant to be loud and obnoxious but reserved and accurate sounding. That being said I use the Lehmann audio studio cube at my desk with a violectric DAC. That combination for me is amazing. Portable amps, Fiio is pretty good for the money but you really got a lot of choices and every one has a slightly different sound. Long story short an amp is not needed but will drive them harder and more accurate as with any IEM

I can't wait for SGS' cred to face trial by fire :D

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #3,587 of 6,090
Yes they are very dependent on burn in. 200hrs +, and you get increases "reference" sound with this 3D punchy bass and really full bodied lushness in the mids.

I'm not burning in my replacement tenores! I did that with my originals, and then started experiencing TTS shortly thereafter. With these replacement tenores, I'm going to listen to them no more than 30 minutes per day and eek out as much quality non-TTS time with them as I can!
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,588 of 6,090
Oh and also:

I have to say ROCKETS are my favorite in-ear to date due to the accuracy and sound from our micro-dynamic driver. Don't expect a loud bass monster with ROCKETS they are very smooth and flat. Once you listen to them for a while you don't want to hear anything else.

Can Gnarl finally find peace at long last?

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #3,589 of 6,090
Welp. Maybe the AS Rockets will be your savior Gnarl
I can't wait for SGS' cred to face trial by fire :D

I'm not holding my breath for anything by Aurisonics. I haven't seen much evidence that they care about DF or O-W targets. Has sgs heard the Rockets?

But my Tenore sounds amazing again after that little break... Damn you Zero Audio, stop toying with my emotions! This is by far my most abusive relationship. Should I just leave?

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #3,590 of 6,090
SGS was the person who recommended them in the first place and put his stamp of approval on em, hence the "trial by fire" comment :wink: He stopped by AS and got to hear a prototype

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #3,591 of 6,090
SGS was the person who recommended them in the first place and put his stamp of approval on em, hence the "trial by fire" comment :wink: He stopped by AS and got to hear a prototype

Whoa I missed that. Obviously I don't spend enough time here.

I will be sure to bombard his inbox with way too many questions.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #3,592 of 6,090
We've both been very excited for the Rocket after the Tenore. AS is shipping this week I think so it won't be long til we both have a pair. Seems according to Dale's comments that he stuck with the more neutral tuning that SGS heard and preferred (he was able to listen to two prototypes)

Tyll heard the Rocket too, and really liked it

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,593 of 6,090
I'm not holding my breath for anything by Aurisonics. I haven't seen much evidence that they care about DF or O-W targets. Has sgs heard the Rockets?

But my Tenore sounds amazing again after that little break... Damn you Zero Audio, stop toying with my emotions! This is by far my most abusive relationship. Should I just leave?

Both of my pairs work just fine but i am already searching for a possible replacement. I am seriously considering giving the GR07 another chance, i could attempt to tame the treble peaks with different flanges. The main problem is that there aren't many flat and neutral iems out there to choose from...

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3,594 of 6,090
Both of my pairs work just fine but i am already searching for a possible replacement. I am seriously considering giving the GR07 another chance, i could attempt to tame the treble peaks with different flanges. The main problem is that there aren't many flat and neutral iems out there to choose from...

As tempting as the GR07 is (I've bought it twice and auditioned the BE), it just can't get all the way to top tier imo. Maybe the resonant frequencies are problematic for me, but I found them to excel with edm and not much else. Fit is also a little loose, isolation is bad, and the cable is too firm for my tastes. But if you do find a suitable eq, by all means share it with us so I may be tempted to buy it yet again.

BA's seem to be more consistent in general, especially without the need to be vented. I'm so glad something like the ER4S exists.

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #3,595 of 6,090
We've both been very excited for the Rocket after the Tenore. AS is shipping this week I think so it won't be long til we both have a pair.

And me makes three! :D

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #3,596 of 6,090
As tempting as the GR07 is (I've bought it twice and auditioned the BE), it just can't get all the way to top tier imo. Maybe the resonant frequencies are problematic for me, but I found them to excel with edm and not much else. Fit is also a little loose, isolation is bad, and the cable is too firm for my tastes. But if you do find a suitable eq, by all means share it with us so I may be tempted to buy it yet again.

BA's seem to be more consistent in general, especially without the need to be vented. I'm so glad something like the ER4S exists.

Machete don't tweet and i don't eq my iems. I will just try some flanges with narrow bores or different foamies to get that 6-7khz peak to shut up. Fit depends on the ear and they offered me a very comfortable fit when i had them. Isolation is bad though, but it's acceptable for a dynamic. The cable could be softer but since it comes with earguides i didn't have to many issues with it. Sound wise there was a lot to like. Those were mostly flat with just a tad of warmth, the bass was well extended and nicely textured and the mids offered good timbre with vocals and instruments. They were also fast for a dynamic, making them good for fast rock and metal which are some of the genres i tend to listen to. But Vsonic had to "enhance" the treble so that i get a headache after listening to them for less than an hour. If i can get them to sound smoother without eq i will be satisfied with them.

I don't care about top tier sound, i just want it to be good enough for when i am on the go. If it's flat and neutral chances are i will like it. Besides, i think that top tier sound is kind of subjective. For the record i don't like how most BAs sound, they either lack extension or coherence. Dynamic drivers sound more natural to my ears. I haven't listened to a ba in a while though, things might have changed.

The rockets also sounds promising, but since they are not cheap i will only get them if they are established as a good neutral iem. They seem very comfy though....

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #3,597 of 6,090
  Bought them from this seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281370938634?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 the new tuned fa 4e(fixed mid driver and new high-mids crossover) is a class or two above but it's very very good the other version was great but this truly excels anyway I easily take the tenore over the ex1000, um3x, shure 535 and the likes...

is this a good price? ie. this seller

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #3,600 of 6,090
Man, I'm so ready to drop $50 on these, but the QC issues have me really worried. Would you guys recommend holding off on these until they can sort the balance issues out?

NEWS FLASH

In international news, several audio forum members were found unconscious before an inexplicable number of sets of the same earphone after what appears to have been a bizarre protest went horribly wrong.

The only information we have to go by right now is this photo of one of the victims during the protest:

We'll keep you updated as we learn more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back