Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #1,141 of 6,090
May 8, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,142 of 6,090
Not only is the tonality of the Tenore treble superb but the weight of it is spot on. Brass sounds like brass and not some tinny metal of some other origin.

Loving the staging and imaging as well.

Yes, this is the true power of the Tenores, the true to life sound. Everything sounds so natural and real. And at top of that the presentation is so refined and every instrument is well defined. Listening to the Holding back the years from Simply Red and that trumpet gives chills on my spine, it sound so sweet an extended but still so delicate and present.

Sent from my Nokia 820 using Tapatalk

May 8, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #1,143 of 6,090
Mid to highs are the Tenores strength, Shotgunshane I think mentioned the KC06 as more uneven there.

If so my poor KC06 is possibly dead in the water given G's preference :tired_face:

But G will still deliver the goods either way! *tips hat

My niece seems to like them. Extracting more then "they sound good" was in vain however, but I should understand her here. :sweat_smile:

I'll be trying out these Tenore rebels soon. Excitement at maximum output!

May 8, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #1,144 of 6,090
Be your own man Unity.. love those birds! :)

May 8, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,145 of 6,090
O I do my fruend! Too bad about their bass, else I'll be all over them like white on rice. Again, everything else being equal, better bass = ASG 2 replacement now. Hope they work on the materials/design a bit more tho:confused: That y split, OMG WHY? You guys obviously lift Ostry. +1 on their new packaging :thumbsup:

Where does your amp boost the bass at? Do you know Wayne?

May 8, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #1,146 of 6,090
There is someone who recently bought the ostry and tenores and promised to do a comparison, but after the rave review about the ostry and probably more listening to the tenores I think he is afraid of what that comparison will look like.
evil_smiley.gif

May 8, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #1,147 of 6,090
  Tenore VS MH1... FIGHT!!!

Intro
Let's get some of the technicalities out of the way. The contenders are: a recabled ZMF MH1 with large stock tips and a stock Zero Audio Tenore with large Sennheiser biflange tips. I have a made a pinhole bass vent in the top of the MH1 to alleviate over-pressurization risks.

Nice review, thank you.
As I have MH1 on my way, I was wondering how are their tips working on the tenores? I find the sony hibryds best sound for me till now and heard that MH1's are even better tips.

May 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #1,148 of 6,090
I compared Meelectronics double flange to Sony Hybrid tips

Orange:  Doesn't seal.
Pink:  Doesn't seal
Green:  Light seal.
Teal:  Seals well.  Less soundstage, less airy, less 3D effect than Meelectronics.  More bass quantity but not as tight.  Vocals more recessed.

When I listen to Take a Bow by Rihanna (Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded) on rdio.com, it sounds magical on Meelectronics but loses its magic on Sony Hybrid.

Thanks to Lifted Andreas for this find.

You can get one for $5 shipped or 3 for $9 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Clear-/140821138554

May 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #1,149 of 6,090
When I can get some time to write a review on the Tenore, I will most likely do comparisons with everything in my collection, since I feel it gives up nothing really to any of them at any price.

Regarding the KC06 and Tenore- there is nothing on the KC06 that I think is better than the Tenore. Nothing. The Tenore, to me, is a good couple of steps above it in all aspects- tonality, staging, imaging, resolution and FR.

May 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #1,150 of 6,090
I usually use the stock tips or the Sony hybrids as well. I agree with you on the bass of the Tenore's. I wouldn't want much more and find the Tenore's about perfect in all areas. I started out as a basshead, so I still have those tendencies.

You have to try meelectronics double flange.  Sony Hybrids had more bass, but lacked the magic (see my previous post).

I haven't tried S200 tips that SGS recommends, but he also said that Sony hybrids killed the airyness compared to S200.

May 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #1,153 of 6,090
There are 3 versions of meelec biflanges, would have to be more specific. A pic of the one you use will help

I take it it's the M6 double flanges though because the others will be too loose

Also, I would recommend Phonak tips for these

May 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #1,154 of 6,090
There are 3 versions of meelec biflanges, would have to be more specific. A pic of the one you use will help

I take it it's the M6 double flanges though because the others will be too loose

Also, I would recommend Phonak tips for these

Correct.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Clear-/140821138554

Which Phonak tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back