Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #5,431 of 6,090
Congrats mate!

Hope you get them soon.

I will be doing a comparison within the next couple of days between Tenore and First Harmonic IEB6.

Thx man, i also ordered the MEE Tip Triple Flange as per reccommendation here from ebay.. really cant wait but ill need to wait at leqst a week plus for both to reach me..

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #5,432 of 6,090
Started Tip Rolling my Tenores and IEB6 again, went back to the stock medium tips for the Tenores and using the Medium tips for the IBE6 still, kind of going back and forth with the large tips for them

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #5,433 of 6,090
Thx man, i also ordered the MEE Tip Triple Flange as per reccommendation here from ebay.. really cant wait but ill need to wait at leqst a week plus for both to reach me..

Don't you mean the dual flanges?

Started Tip Rolling my Tenores and IEB6 again, went back to the stock medium tips for the Tenores and using the Medium tips for the IBE6 still, kind of going back and forth with the large tips for them

I usually use the medium-large tips on my micro drivers of available, that seems to isolate really well and be comfortable at the same time.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #5,434 of 6,090
Muddy? That's the last word I would describe CKR9's lower mids as. How long did you burn them?

Yeah, Tenore and LZ-A2 are much clearer.  I burned them in for 50 hours.  Mine are the Ali CKR9,...are yours Ali?

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #5,435 of 6,090
Don't you mean the dual flanges?
I usually use the medium-large tips on my micro drivers of available, that seems to isolate really well and be comfortable at the same time.

ahh i ordered triple flange haha demmmmit... 3 pairs lol.. nvm ill experiment with it..

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #5,436 of 6,090
ahh i ordered triple flange haha demmmmit... 3 pairs lol.. nvm ill experiment with it..

Haha well I don't think anyone here has tried triple flanges with the Tenore so you might be the first one.

Let us know how it goes.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #5,437 of 6,090
Haha well I don't think anyone here has tried triple flanges with the Tenore so you might be the first one.

Let us know how it goes.

i will do my best to describe how it goes!

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #5,438 of 6,090
Back to my Tenores, only a few minutes and I remember why I love them. Everything is so smooth and clear on them. Just a fluidity to the music. I think its safe to say that I'm a mid-head, so I'm really really looking forward to the E80 since they are supposed to be awesome for that

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #5,439 of 6,090
Loving the E80s so far. Super comparable to the Tenores, slightly better separation and sound stage. Idk if the extra $12 is worth it. Still keeping them for sure though.

One pro about the Tenores though is that they are easy to drive. These def need an amp, usually at 28-30 volume and these need 35 to be at the very top of tolerable for me. Guessing the 64ohm has a bit to do with it lol

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #5,440 of 6,090
Loving the E80s so far. Super comparable to the Tenores, slightly better separation and sound stage. Idk if the extra $12 is worth it. Still keeping them for sure though.

One pro about the Tenores though is that they are easy to drive. These def need an amp, usually at 28-30 volume and these need 35 to be at the very top of tolerable for me. Guessing the 64ohm has a bit to do with it lol

Soundmagic E80 is harder to drive than the Tenore?!?

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #5,441 of 6,090
Yeah from my ears it appears that way. Usually my E07K at 6db gain is at 28-30 for the Tenores and it's loud enough, the E80's I need to bump up to 35-38, hell even 40 on some softer tracks is fine with my ears lol. I've seen some conflicting writings but I believe the ohm load does play a part in the drivability? If so, then I believe that is why. The Tenores I believe are 32ohm and the E80 are 64. I did notice today though that at 6db gain there is some "floor noise" that goes away when I drop down to 0db gain, doesn't do this with other earphones. Once music starts though I don't hear anything though. 

On that note, I was listening to some FLAC files of Queen last night on the E80's and it was amazing. When the sound at 1:08 happens it amazing, you can hear it get louder and louder, coming at your face

Acoustic Live version of Hotel California feels like you are in the crowd, their cheers and screams surround you, coming from near and far. The drums are powerful. Everything is spaced out and separated perfectly (to my ears)

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #5,442 of 6,090
im auditioning them now...

They are giving my VSD5 a good run for their money...

and they absolutly trash them.

The VSD5 has a wider soundstage and higher treble extension (which comes with some sibilance...)

but clarity and control is on the tenores side. i can understand why some people call these the poor mans ER4.

the Vsonics just feel more fuzzy next to the tenores... i kind of feel ripped off that the vsonics costed 50% more.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #5,443 of 6,090
Aero Dynamik described Tenore as TOTL.  After owning the LZ-A2 and seeing it compare favorably to TOTL IEMs, I agree!  Hard to believe the price they sell at.

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #5,444 of 6,090
Aero Dynamik described Tenore as TOTL.  After owning the LZ-A2 and seeing it compare favorably to TOTL IEMs, I agree!  Hard to believe the price they sell at.

Hi Grayson. I have been reading your contributions and it looks like we have similar sound signature tastes.
I was wondering if you have personally compared the Tenore to LZ-A2? If so, Which one you liked more?
I currently have the Tenore and love it. Used RE-400s large clear silicon tips and just got the Spinfit tips, which made the general tone slightly clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back