Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #2,163 of 6,090
  Grayson73, are the bores on the MEElectronics M6 double-flange eartips smaller, the same size, or larger than the Tenore's nozzles? Also, do they need spacers to stay on tightly?

Right now I'm using some old double-flanged tips from an old SoundMAGIC IEM (they look like these I believe) using spacers on the nozzles and the sound is amazing. I'm getting much better isolation using these tips as well. The bores on these are about as wide as the nozzles themselves.

I don't use them with spacers and they don't fall off when I take them out of my ear.  However, they are not tight.  I actually lost one when I was in the airplane because it knocked against something.

I haven't tried with spacers, but if you want them really tight, you'd need spacers.

May 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2,164 of 6,090
  i have never operated on any iem b4...
pls shed more light, before i do something i REGRET..
wayne...is it a metal mesh? i can push it back later if i want to?

cos as of now, it is very enjoyable on vocals.
( still holding back the verdict on classicals..waiting for more burn in..)

Sorry Lors, but I really don't know. Good luck!

May 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2,165 of 6,090
  Funnily enough I was just listening to Lindsey Stirling's album. Very nice.

Yiruma also sounds beautiful with the Tenores; River Flows In You, May Be and Kiss The Rain are beautiful songs.

So do you like them more than Basso so far?  You spent a lot of time deciding which one to get since the Basso died; hope you're happy :)

May 30, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #2,167 of 6,090
Just ran into Tyll Hertsens at T.H.E Headphone show in Newport. Had him listen to both pairs of my Tenores starting with the more bassy pair. He liked it a lot, but said there was a bit too much bass. So I gave him the less bassy pair. He noted a big difference between them, "a lot less bass and more etched" he said.

With that big of a difference, he said there's no chance for review. How can he recommend it with that kind of variance?

Interesting. Checked out the RE400 and 600 as well. Heading to Noble.

May 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #2,168 of 6,090
Just ran into Tyll Hertsens at T.H.E Headphone show in Newport. Had him listen to both pairs of my Tenores starting with the more bassy pair. He liked it a lot, but said there was a bit too much bass. So I gave him the less bassy pair. He noted a big difference between them, "a lot less bass and more etched" he said.

With that big of a difference, he said there's no chance for review. How can he recommend it with that kind of variance?

Way to go gnarlsagan... you blew it! Now no review from Tyll and/or probably |joker|. Bad gnarlsagan! 
wink.gif

May 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #2,170 of 6,090

Way to go gnarlsagan... you blew it! Now no review from Tyll and/or probably |joker|. Bad gnarlsagan! 
wink.gif

Haha!  +1!

Burn in both and see if they equalize.

May 30, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #2,171 of 6,090
I've been trying different tips all evening, and it helped the grainy and hissing (thanks ebrian) but the cymbals still don't sound right to me. 
I'm thinking about trading them instead of selling since I'm going to waste the money on iems anyway. 
tongue.gif

May 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #2,172 of 6,090

Such a shame about the product variance we are finding but explains why there are occasional impressions that are just so different from some.

May 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2,173 of 6,090

Gnarls.. full sized headphones might not be up your alley, but would you be able to swing by the HiFiMan booth and tell me/us a little about the HE-560 & HE-400i (PM or post in the appropriate thread would be appreciated).

Thanks..

May 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2,175 of 6,090
Way to go gnarlsagan... you blew it! Now no review from Tyll and/or probably |joker|. Bad gnarlsagan! :wink:  

Sorry guys! I wanted to give the Tenores a good impression, but I had to be honest with what I have here. I couldn't just give him one pair and leave it at that. I have two different sound sigs here. One bright, one warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back