ZERO AUDIO Impression and Information Thread - DX200 / DX210 / BX700 / BX510 / BX500 / BX300 / DWX10
May 19, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #91 of 101
Love the Tenores Carbo so much, thought sometimes, it can be more Detailed in Mids (Forward) And the Overall Sound more on the brighter Side:

Which Model from Zero Audio can be an Awesome Update for my Tenores?

I never compared them directly but Doppio has a brighter sound, a lot more expensive but not a bad price for dual BA.

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #92 of 101
Hi

Can anyone compare the DBA-02 to the Zero Audio Carbo Doppio?

I love TWFK-based iems such as the Rock-it sound R-50. Looking for a similar sound signature on the Doppio.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #93 of 101
Hi

Can anyone compare the DBA-02 to the Zero Audio Carbo Doppio?

I love TWFK-based iems such as the Rock-it sound R-50. Looking for a similar sound signature on the Doppio.

I'm familiar with TWFK from the Dunu 2000J hybrid and possibly in the new Q-Jays?I don't know if they are similar at all to your Rockits but I would say Doppio had a diffferent character (less bright treble, thicker mids) than those.

Personally ended up holding onto Q-Jays after catching a sale, but I think the Doppios are really solid for the price. Suggest also look at the Audio Technica IM02 which are quite good dual BA if your ears fit (or upcoming LS200 which I was just reading about here http://www.head-fi.org/t/822814/new-audio-technica-multiple-ba-iem-ath-ls50-70-200-300-400/105#post_13183825 )

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #94 of 101
I'm familiar with TWFK from the Dunu 2000J hybrid and possibly in the new Q-Jays?I don't know if they are similar at all to your Rockits but I would say Doppio had a diffferent character (less bright treble, thicker mids) overall.

Personally ended up holding onto Q-Jays after catching a sale, but I think the Doppios are really solid for the price. Suggest also look at the Audio Technica IM02 which are quite good dual BA if your ears fit (or upcoming LS200 which I recently read about recently http://www.head-fi.org/t/822814/new-audio-technica-multiple-ba-iem-ath-ls50-70-200-300-400/105#post_13183825 )

While I enjoy hybrids, I do find, no matter how controlled and tight the bass from the dynamic driver is, it adds unnecessary warmth to the sound that veils the clarity of the twfk drivers a little. The bass of the R-50 is almost non-existent when compared to something like the iBasso it03, yet I find the clarity and nimbleness incredibly enjoyable.

Previous research leads me to the IM02 and Q-Jays as well. The IM02 is much more manageable price-wise, although the Q-Jays is very good looking and well-built. Thanks for your help, Raketen. I will take a serious look at the 2 iems you recommended.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #95 of 101
I have to say the 2000J has a rather distinct U-shape to it, not sure I can agree with your point as the bass is fully extended but very contained (reminded a little of favorite sony ex1000).

In my memory the IM02 is a bit smoother in the treble, more detailed "airy" kind of sound compared to Q-Jays - if sound is the only consideration they would be easiest to recommend- though somewhat source picky which can be an issue. For ergonomics, build quality, source flexibility/ease of use I find the Q-Jays are a bit stronger overall (though I have to use foam tips otherwise sibilance). They do go on sale occasionally.

Anyway, good luck with your IEM quest.

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #97 of 101
Damn son... them Doppios sound great!
Paired with Alien+ they are like 3x better than Audeo. Much bueno!

:ksc75smile: <- your face when you listen to them?

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #99 of 101
Anyone knows where can I find tip replacements for the Zero Audio BX700?

I've tried several tips that fit, but the bass is totally lost. They sound like garbage. Perhaps due to the small orifice at the tip end.

Zero Audio BX700.jpg

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #101 of 101
Be cool if they brought out another BA. Or anything, really

Yeah I would love another IEM from Zero Audio!

They need to make a comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back