Zero Audio Carbo Mezzo DX220-CM / Zero Bass ZB-03
Oct 19, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #16 of 63
or try Doppio :D

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #18 of 63
From what I read these are far from deposing the Tenore's. They seem to lean toward a smiley curve : could not be further from my taste... I might have given them a shot but but at about 85€ shipped, I think I will stick to my tenore's, best IEM of my tiny collection so far ! 

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #19 of 63
Curious how will the Mezzo fare against Duoza. Going to Tokyo next week, perhaps I will give it a try.

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #21 of 63
I just purchased Carbo Mezzo today.

This is my first purchase on In Ear Earphone on this price range.
The back design is remind me of Grado Headphone. And to my surprise, this is open back Earphone.
I thought those grills are just for decoration.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #22 of 63
I just purchased Carbo Mezzo today.

This is my first purchase on In Ear Earphone on this price range.
The back design is remind me of Grado Headphone. And to my surprise, this is open back Earphone.
I thought those grills are just for decoration.

What are your thoughts on if so far? I'm thinking of buying them but there doesn't seem to be many reviews

Cheers

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #23 of 63
What are your thoughts on if so far? I'm thinking of buying them but there doesn't seem to be many reviews

Cheers

This earphone seems for Japan Domestic Market only. I was surprised when one of the audio shop in my country actually sell this. Since Carbo Mezzo still quite new.

This is my first purchase for an earphone with +- 70 USD price range. While most of my earphone are at 25 $ or lower price range.
One thing I could say is, the sound is great.Better than all of my previous earphone. Detail is good, bass also very pleasant so other instruments detail still audible quite well.

When I plug this earphone into my ear, I don't need to push it too deep by force. It seems there's a vacuum effect, when I unplug it, I feel the ear tip get sucked in.

I'm not kind of person who knows about audiophile term and understand about it, so I cannot give you much.
I even purchase AKG K701 just because anime girl is wearing it to listen music from her radio.... absurd.

Before I purchase Carbo Mezzo, I actually trying Radius HP-NHR11. This earphone is around the same price range with Carbo Mezzo.
Both earphone got Hi-Res label (which is I don't quite care). And seems sounding the same, I think.... (this is based on my quick test, because I arrived at the shop quite late, I don't have time to listen both earphone to find the different).

I choose Carbo Mezzo because of value.
Cheaper than Radius HP-NHR11 (7 $ differential), metal + carbon fiber mix construction, smaller, suitable sound signature for my ear. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #24 of 63
This earphone seems for Japan Domestic Market only. I was surprised when one of the audio shop in my country actually sell this. Since Carbo Mezzo still quite new.

This is my first purchase for an earphone with +- 70 USD price range. While most of my earphone are at 25 $ or lower price range.
One thing I could say is, the sound is great.Better than all of my previous earphone. Detail is good, bass also very pleasant so other instruments detail still audible quite well.

When I plug this earphone into my ear, I don't need to push it too deep by force. It seems there's a vacuum effect, when I unplug it, I feel the ear tip get sucked in.

I'm not kind of person who knows about audiophile term and understand about it, so I cannot give you much.
I even purchase AKG K701 just because anime girl is wearing it to listen music from her radio.... absurd.

Before I purchase Carbo Mezzo, I actually trying Radius HP-NHR11. This earphone is around the same price range with Carbo Mezzo.
Both earphone got Hi-Res label (which is I don't quite care). And seems sounding the same, I think.... (this is based on my quick test, because I arrived at the shop quite late, I don't have time to listen both earphone to find the different).

I choose Carbo Mezzo because of value.
Cheaper than Radius HP-NHR11 (7 $ differential), metal + carbon fiber mix construction, smaller, suitable sound signature for my ear. 

That's perfect, thank you so much

I'm about the same, never used expensive headphones, not an audiophile, this review is spot on for someone like me

I guess I'll be purchasing some today

Cheers for that

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #25 of 63
Briefly tried the Mezzos last week at Yodobashi Akiba, Tokyo. Quick impressions:

- Super nice fit, at least for my ears (I feel that they have better fit compared to the Tenores and Duozas). I guess changing the default tips to SpinFits or JVC SpiralDots will make them even better.

- Nice built quality and finishing, pretty lightweight for their size. Flat cable looks sturdier than the thinner old ones. However I feel that they look "cheaper" with this kind of cable. I personally prefer the old thin ones.

- SQ-wise, they are fun-sounding indeed. Compared to the Tenores, bass has more quantity and quality. Punchyer and faster for sure. Soundstage is somewhat more spacious (thanks to their semi-open back design?). Mids are lush, warmish, and quite detailed. Trebles are not piercing at all, a bit rolled-off I think, but still provides an enjoyable level of detail. Overall presentation of the Mezzos is more than decent. However, personally I still prefer the SQ of the Duozas. The Mezzos are a bit leaning to the bassy side, while the Duozas have more clarity and overall coherency IMHO.

Hope that helps.

:)

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #26 of 63
Hi guys,

I've been out of the IEM head-fi game for quite some time because I was satisfied with my trio of Tenore, KC06 and Havi B3.  However with much dismay and agony I recently lost my Tenore and I've returned to the forums looking for some advice.

I know from reading the Tenore/Basso thread, that there are a lot of Quality Control issues with the Tenore.  Whether it's channel imbalance, one side just flatout dying, cable issues and differences in sound, I am in legit fear that if I go and buy another Tenore, I am not going to get the same quality as last time.  My question to you that have the Mezzo is - is it worth it for me to shell out the extra $40?

A quick search yielded a result of $50 for Tenore and $88 for Mezzo.  Would it be worth the extra $38 to buy the Mezzo and skip the potential issues with a brand new Tenore?  Or another way to look at it, is if the improvements of the Mezzo over the Tenore are 176% difference (as per the price difference?). 

Thoughts/comments from those who have both?

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #27 of 63
I have the zero audio zero bass. Before I purchased these,I listened to both of this and zero mezzo. I choosed the zero bass because of more forward midrange, compared to the zero mezzo that is somewhat u-shaped sound. They both sound good, but I preferred the zero bass :)

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #28 of 63
I got both - the Mezzo and Zero Bass. They were both marked as new IEMs with the most customer satisfaction on kakaku.com - so I ordered them from amazon.jp with my new DP-X1A.

The Mezzo is just great with everything, and the Zero Bass shines with acoustic music and vocals (forward midrange). The Mezzo has a fast bass, good clarity and is super small / comfortable size - my new "summer" IEM.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #29 of 63
Any comparison between Mezzo and Tenore or Basso?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back