Zero Audio Carbo Mezzo DX220-CM / Zero Bass ZB-03
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #61 of 63
Hi, i'm new in IEMs, planning to replace stock earphone from samsung tuned by akg

How do you compare it with Zero Audio Carbo Mezzo ?
In Indonesia, zirco pezzo is priced around US$40, but carbo mezzo is priced around US$80

Does 'higher price = better quality' applied in IEMs ?
Hi Dicoy, I haven't tried the Mezzos.
But, i must warn you that Zirco Pezzo, without modding, are bright sounding. The aggressive and detailed treble can be a bit harsh and sibilant.
These are tuned to be more neutral and treble/detail focussed.

Although the Pezzos are a superior IEM, being new to IEMs, i would say it is safer to go for a more commercial tuning, something with bigger bass, and smoother highs.
Eg: Zero Audio Tenore/Basso, final E2000, E3000, MUIX IX3000, LG Quadbeat, among others.

And finally, higher price IS NOT EQUAL TO better quality in IEMs:)
The trick is the find your taste, read more reviews/impressions, and buy your perfect IEM.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #62 of 63
Hi, i'm new in IEMs, planning to replace stock earphone from samsung tuned by akg

How do you compare it with Zero Audio Carbo Mezzo ?
In Indonesia, zirco pezzo is priced around US$40, but carbo mezzo is priced around US$80

Does 'higher price = better quality' applied in IEMs ?
Hi, regarding the nice and true "iemsOnly" last comment, and if you want a japanese iem, I may suggest you to digg into the "Ocharaku Co-Donguri Brass" one>. It's still clear but has a more accessible frequency response. :wink:

Carbo Mezzo and Zirco Pezzo are on the same (entry) level of two different lines : "carbo" for carbon and "zirco" for zircon. The Zirco line is newer. And I found sometimes on the web the Mezzo at around 40/50$ so prices are fluctuating...

What earphones do you have with your smartphone ? Some are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back