Zen Sleek???
Aug 13, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEp
Its only for sale in europe. You can find it on the UK part of the creative web site. http://uk.europe.creative.com/shop/product.asp?prod=958 you could probably order it from there

Is it worth even getting a player from Europe or shoud I stay stateside? I like how it looks but wonder if there's any problems I could encounter with it. I wonder if it's basically like the new Zen Touch, just different styling?

Aug 13, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 32
It's available from a couple of sellers on eBay. Amazon.co.uk are doing it also, along with numerous other UK sellers. But I'd wait a while until it's more popular - I'm waiting for the 30gb and 60gb versions, with the hope that a 40gb version will be released - I have a 30gb Zen Xtra and i LOVE it but i've run out of space and 60gb is too much really at the moment, hence why I want to stay with Creative Labs... if they don't release a 40gb, I'll wait till the Touch players come down in price (as the sleek's take off) and get the 40gb version Touch

Aug 13, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 32
Also, I hear the touch-pad is more sensitive but easy to live with. Also, it's smaller than the respective iPod and being creative, much better value for money (what they do best). It includes an FM radio and built-in mic.

Okay so they may be one generation behind in the mp3 player stakes, but they're also cheaper than the previous generation, so generally that makes creative players better value for money.

I don't need an attractive mp3 player anyway... I have my Sony Ericsson K750i to attract the ladies, with it's sexy 2 megapixel camera, although I'm yet to encounter an eagle carrying a grizzly bear through the skies, as the UK advert would imply occurs over here.

Aug 13, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarmarama
It's available from a couple of sellers on eBay. Amazon.co.uk are doing it also, along with numerous other UK sellers.

Only problem is the person selling it on EBAY has it listed for about $360...I'd rather pay less. Plus I don't even know if a UK store would be able to ship it over here due to Creative not listing it stateside.

Just may have to wait till it's available out here I guess...

Aug 13, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 32
I agree, defintely not worth it. I just wonder when it's coming. I'm seriously looking into the Zen Touch but I like the Sleek a bit more cause it has backlit buttons on it not to mention an FM radio.

Aug 14, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 32
I hope North America doesn't get the regular Zen (the larger 20GB version of the Zen Micro). While the design looks nice as a micro sized player, I don't think it works so well as a full sized player.

rolleyes.gif

CREATIVE ZEN

prod11519_hdr_1_5_61.jpg

Aug 14, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #12 of 32
I disagree...I think this unit looks great! To each his own...

I'm wondering how much it'll be...if it's under $250 I'd probably get it.
I don't think it looks much like the Zen Micro at all...looks a little better to me.
Specs seem to be about the same so I'm sure it'll sound great...hopefully the FM reception will be good on it.

Aug 14, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #13 of 32
the fact that is follows suit to the Zen Micro as far as appearance and navigation, I'm really interested. That, and the dock feature looks really sweet. I love my Zen Micro, but this looks like something I'd be willing to upgrade to.

Aug 14, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #15 of 32
Interesting...I just got a reply back from Creative and they said it isn't available and encouraged me to look at the Zen Touch. Maybe it won't be released as soon as thought? Either that or they just wanted to make a sale and not loose me to some other company while waiting for the Sleek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back