Zen Neeon
May 27, 2005 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

DigDub

Headphoneus Supremus
ok. i have 5 hours to decide before i make a trip to Creative HQ to buy the ep-630 canalphones, which is a clone of the sharp md33. the neeon will also be launched today. i have a very strong feeling that i will be attracted to the neeon. i had a muvo2 5gb fm but sold it away. now i'm looking for a replacement. the neeon is small and the thing that attracts me is the scroll wheel. i also need the radio occassionally. i held back from buying the micro because i do not like the touch pad. i pretty much prefer a solid scroller.

any other neeon owners here who have comments?

biggrin.gif

May 27, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 15
I'm not a Neeon owner (there are very few), but I'd say go ahead and get it. It looks like a solid release from Creative- definitely promoting small, sleek, and stylish. It has all the same features as Zen Micro (minus removable battery), plus Line-In encoding and a 16 hour battery life- all in a smaller and thinner package. The only downside would be the screen size, however the small screen with colored backlights against the polished black front look very nice.

It would be great if you got one and provided us here with some pictures and perhaps a review if you would be willing to write one.

Good luck!

May 27, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 15
thanks. i think i will get the red one. red backing on piano black front. that should be one hell of a sexy device.
tongue.gif
oh, it also supports drag and drop of music files. i hope its not as problematic as the muvo2 5gb muvo.

May 27, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
thanks. i think i will get the red one. red backing on piano black front. that should be one hell of a sexy device.
tongue.gif
oh, it also supports drag and drop of music files. i hope its not as problematic as the muvo2 5gb muvo.

Damn you've got good eyes.
I also thought that red was the sexiest one.

May 27, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 15
Based on apperance, I don't like the buttons,screen and the screen. Pros: they have awesome stick ons. I'm personally sticking to the micro. Ah I also heard it wasn't going to be released anywhere besides Asia?

May 27, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagocup
Based on apperance, I don't like the buttons,screen and the screen. Pros: they have awesome stick ons. I'm personally sticking to the micro. Ah I also heard it wasn't going to be released anywhere besides Asia?

It is already released in North America. They will hit stores soon.

May 27, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

CNET Asia Review on Zen Neeon Pretty mediocre..
plainface.gif

Different people have different opinions.....
Me, for one, like the Neeon very much. Nice looks, smaller than other micro HD players, and the irresistable Stik-ons
tongue.gif

Probably gonna get one when it gets released in North America, if I have enough cash then.

May 27, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Pros: they have awesome stick ons.

I really hope your talking about some other stick-ons cause the ones on creative's web sites look like little japanese anime cartoons mixed with a healthy dash of hooker fashion.

May 27, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
Well I'm not 100% sure, but it's on their site...
http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenneeon/

That is not a specific regional site- it's just Creative's general "worldwide" homepage, most likely representing products available in the Asian market (us.creative.com is for the US.) Therefore I don't believe it is released in North America yet.

Hopefully we will see it soon though.

May 27, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #13 of 15
Some of the stick ons are kinda cute(my fav the cow one), it would be really cool to make my own. A few stick-ons I like:
http://asia.cnet.com/i/r/2005/pav/39091980/sc005.jpg
http://asia.cnet.com/i/r/2005/pav/39091980/sc001.jpg
http://asia.cnet.com/i/r/2005/pav/39091980/sc007.jpg
http://asia.cnet.com/i/r/2005/pav/39091980/sc020.jpg

I forgot to mention I was also attracted to the longer battery life.
-It isn't much of a difference btwn the micro so to me it's a waste of money if you already have one. So I'll just make my own stick-ons on my altoid case!
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #14 of 15
The SNR for NEEON is only -90dB. Hopefully an amp will improve it's SNR otherwise you're in trouble. The best is still Zen Micro.

May 27, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonhanjk
The SNR for NEEON is only -90dB. Hopefully an amp will improve it's SNR otherwise you're in trouble. The best is still Zen Micro.

i got my neeon already at creative fest. so far the sound is good. will post a review later. you bought your ep-630 there?
wink.gif

i think creative have solved the 'hissing when backlight is on' problem. no noticeable hissing now when the backlight is on.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back