Zen Micro Skins?
Jan 31, 2006 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sonick

500+ Head-Fier
Anybody with recommendations?

I don't wanna keep using the included plastic holder, or a altoids tin, because its just so much smaller without them. but i still wanna protect it.

These EXO2 look pretty nice, esp coz they cover the touchpad as well:

zm-exo2-ice.jpg

Anybody have any experience with those? im just afraid the silicone over the pad will make it less sensitive, since it doesnt seem to work through anything besides my bare finger (ie gloves, pants, etc, while the iPOD does).

Jan 31, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 11
ohwell, i ordered that transparent one with my white ZM.

ill let you guys know how it turns out.

came out to $13 USD shipped to canada. prolly will take about 2 weeks to arrive.

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 11
Cool please do let us know how it turns out. I just got a zen micro last week and I was looking at the same skin you just purchased. It looks like the best design I've seen. I look forward to your impressions.

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 11
Sounds like a great case. Been running my ZM naked for a while now, and want to get a case. The ones at Best Buy/Futureshop are too overpriced. Let us know how it goes.

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 11
If you want overpriced get one of those 'leather' cases. I had a friend badgering me to order one for him, and finally I said screw it and got some, good lord they're ugly, they don't fit well (how they managed that I'll never know) and generally not nice in any way.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
I got one this past summer from Amazon for about $10 shipped. It's just a simple silicone skin, that I am very happy with.

is the silicon covering the touchpad grippy or smooth? im afraid it'd be difficult to slide my finger up and down if its a kinda rubbery grippy material.

also, does it fit fairly snug? or is there some wiggle room?

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
is the silicon covering the touchpad grippy or smooth? im afraid it'd be difficult to slide my finger up and down if its a kinda rubbery grippy material.

also, does it fit fairly snug? or is there some wiggle room?

It fits snug, and there is no covering over the touchpad.

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
It fits snug, and there is no covering over the touchpad.

oh you must have gotten another one. this skin, the EXO2 does have protection over the touchpad, which pretty much sold me on that one rather than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back