Zen Micro Headphone Jack Poll
Feb 14, 2005 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Cyclone

Headphoneus Supremus
THIS IS A MULTISELECTION POLL

There seems to be this "massive" problem with the zen micro with the headphone jack breaking. Creative also had this problem with the Zen xtra, so to see if this is an epidemic or just a small problem vote either you have a broken jack or not. also please post a reply if you know someone who has this problem or if you know someone who doesn't. If you bought a refurb micro dont count yours because this could very well be the result of abuse from the other party.

PS. post where you bought your micro and when the jack broke if it ever did.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 26
I've had my Micro for 2 months now, and I haven't had any issues at all with the headphone jack. My sister has had her's for 3 months and the same thing, nothing wrong. Also, my sisters friend, and two of my friends all just got Micros in the past two weeks and haven't experienced any problems at all either, I even tested their players by moving the jack back and forth and nothing happened.

I'm fairy sure this isn't a big problem. People are getting waaay too scared.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 26
Hopefully your right. I've seen alot of people scared off by this supposed problem and i want to know if its actually legit which is why i started the thread.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 26
i think the problem occurs when the straight plug on the stock buds really gets cranked on. like putting it in your pocket, and teh plug gets caught on the side of your pocket. that would snap some solder points im thinking.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Hopefully your right. I've seen alot of people scared off by this supposed problem and i want to know if its actually legit which is why i started the thread.

Yeah the only reason why people are becoming afraid of this problem is because of a few posts on a forum. A forum is a place where you are going to hear about problems, it's inevitable. In reality, probably very few are aware of this problem at all, and probably even fewer have experienced it.

Feb 14, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 26
mines fine.

Feb 14, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.caliente
I've had my Micro for 2 months now, and I haven't had any issues at all with the headphone jack. My sister has had her's for 3 months and the same thing, nothing wrong. Also, my sisters friend, and two of my friends all just got Micros in the past two weeks and haven't experienced any problems at all either, I even tested their players by moving the jack back and forth and nothing happened.

I'm fairy sure this isn't a big problem. People are getting waaay too scared.

lol, i love how you say you did this with THEIR player, and not yours
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:50 AM Post #9 of 26
I've had Three Micros and they all broke down. The headphone jack kept bugging me and finally I got the money back from the retailer. The first month I had my micro without any problems whatsoever, but the luck was unfortunately not for long. Hope your micros lasts longer.

Feb 14, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 26
I think rockit should get to vote 4 times
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 26
mine was fine,so i voted for no problem with my micro. i've had it for 2 weeks before i decided to return it after reading a lot of headphone jack problems. but i'm willing to buy the micro again, whenever i get my money back from amazon.com. gosh it is taking them forever to process my return, i know they received it already when i checked the tracking number delivery.

i'll just have to get an extended warranty for it, that way i feel safe, lol.

hey cyclone, you should also do the poll at creative.com and nomadness.net on the micro forum.

in nomadness.net, i think anyone can post there, even guests. but its worth trying out anyways. you should try it. i cant wait for the results.

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveablePuppy
hey cyclone, you should also do the poll at creative.com and nomadness.net on the micro forum.

in nomadness.net, i think anyone can post there, even guests. but its worth trying out anyways. you should try it. i cant wait for the results.

Good idea. i think i'll go give that a try, hopefully we can put this scare to rest and see if its an actual problem or just a few isolated inncidents

EDIT: I started one over at nomadness.net but not at creative.com so if anyone has an account over there i would be very gratefull if you could post it instead.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #14 of 26
Mine had headphone problem after 2 weeks. I use my micro a lot, and constantly switch between headphones and fm transmitter. Currently on 2nd week with new one..no problems yet. Bought from compuplus.com from New York.

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 26
1- My Jack is fine
2- My Jack is/was broken
3- I know someone who has a micro and theirs is fine
4- I know someone who has a micro and their's is broken

This is the results thus far as of 2/17/05. This is the combined results for creative.com and this forum's poll.

1- 35 (55%)
2- 15 (23%)
3- 9 (14%)
4- 5 (7%)

(note that i rounded off the decimals, so the total is 99% with +/- 1% of error)

Combine results from #1 and #3= 68.75% that their jack or someone they know works fine so far. #2 and #4= 31.25% that their jack or someone they know is/was broken.

the actual result thus far from creative.com forum:
1- 8
2- 10
3- 2
4- 4

the actual results for this topic is listed in "poll results"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back