Zen Micro Headphone Jack Poll
Feb 17, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #16 of 26
I have had to return mine back to newegg becuase the lights didnt work. But i just got my 2nd one yesterday and it works great. ( So Far)
confused.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 26
I've had no issues with my unit. I purchased it from J&R about a week after it was released in the market.

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #18 of 26
something tells me the newer revisions are lower in quality. sounds like Creative's trying to save a little money and it's showing. anyone know if the box on their "newer version" micro has a different Rev letter? The original one says Rev A on the very bottom right of the back next to the part number.

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamius
something tells me the newer revisions are lower in quality. sounds like Creative's trying to save a little money and it's showing. anyone know if the box on their "newer version" micro has a different Rev letter? The original one says Rev A on the very bottom right of the back next to the part number.

That's what I was thinking this faceplate fiasco was about. Creative had a huge rush of micro sales, couldn't keep up, and started cutting corners. They maybe put less paint on the inside of the faceplate or less of Something, and didn't realize there was a problem until afterward. Hopefully now that the xmas rush is gone, they can spend a little more time on them...

Feb 19, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 26
[size=xx-small][size=x-small]I am sadly having to send back my THIRD micro
confused.gif
mad.gif
(all have been SILVER - but that has nothing to do with it I'm thinking). The first had a problem with the power switch (kept sticking in the off position - i.e., to the far left). The 2nd had the headphone jack problem. Now the THIRD, after 28 days, has the same headphone jack problem. I posted a harsh complaint (ok...3 or 4 of them on different threads!!) on the Creative forum and got an immediate reply from one of the mods. They suggested that I call Creative and resolve through them. I was told by the service rep that a Cust Svc Manager would be helping me b/c of the repeated problems. Still waiting to hear from him.
plainface.gif
They did tell me that they would absolutely guarantee that the new one they send me would NOT be a refurb and would definitely work and not have any headphone jack issues. My thinking is they have now realized that there is a design flaw in the jack and they are making new ones with the problem corrected. OH...I'm also getting the RED one.
orphsmile.gif

Wish me luck![/size][/size]

Jan 3, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #24 of 26
My first Zen Micro (from the original wave of units) had a broken jack after 6 months of use. Also, my freind's ZM from the same first run of units had the same problem. He and I both have new ZMs now, and they are fine (so far). The other people with ZMs that I know have had no problems with the headphone jack breaking.

Jan 3, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #25 of 26
I have had mine for about 7 months now and have had some trouble with the jack. It's not broken but if I use phones with a heavy cord then it cuts out,,,but it's not really a proble any more because I use IEMs now LOL
etysmile.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #26 of 26
Me and two of my friends who has Zen Micros bought from a retail source has absolutely no problems with our ZMs. However, a couple of my friends, who bought their ZMs off another guy with "questionable" sources, all of them have the headphone jack problem. Interestingly they have no warranty, so they can't send it back to Creative for repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back