Zen Micro and software opinions
Apr 18, 2005 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

joncirca57

100+ Head-Fier
Are you using Creative's software or Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 to rip and transfer to the Micro?

thanks

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 5
i just bought my zen micro this weekend, so i haven't used it much, but i can tell you what i've tried so far.
i was having some issues on getting it to stay "connected" to the computer, but i think i resolved that with new drivers and firmware.
musicmatch jukebox has a plugin available for the micro, but it seemed to be a bit slower than the one from creative. musicmatch also wasn't showing what music i put on using creative, and for some reason i couldn't fix that.
i haven't tried windows media player yet.

Apr 18, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 5
To transfer I just drag and drop.
icon10.gif
I just got 2 shapeshifters cd's and a atreyu cd... hmmm wonder how i will rip them...

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by joncirca57
Are you using Creative's software or Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 to rip and transfer to the Micro?

thanks

Yes, i've had problems getting everything set up right, but i "fixed" that. I'd say autosync is worth the extra trouble of having to fix WMP if its being buggy for you.

Apr 19, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 5
wmp is crap imo. doesn't work with some of my music because it says that it's not liscenced, plus transfering playlists is a pita for me. i use creative's mediasource when in windows and i'm still trying to figure out how to mount the micro in linux...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back