Zana Deux vs Singlepower
Oct 30, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #106 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
The holy grail of 2A3s. Just a bit more than those good to best 5687s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1952&rd=1&rd=1

damn they look awesome I am just a bit reluctant to buy a 50-60 year old tube for over $700. I just had a used tested good ken Rad crap out on me last night and I am back to my Full Music mesh plates (they are really great tubes)

Tyrion has the AVVTs in his Moth they are supposed to be the holy grail of newer production mesh plates.

Oct 30, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #107 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut
Speaking of tubes 909, does your 2a3 use a 6sl7? If so, which ones have you tried and liked? BTW, I was looking at an old Glass Audio mag. and saw a Moth ad intro'ing the Si2a3.

It uses one 6SN7. Right now, I've got a 6SN7W metal base tall bottle Sylvania 1940s. (I’ve tried Ken-Rad 6SN7GT, Sylvania 6SN7WGTA, 6SN7GT CBS Hytron, and the awful new production electro-harmonics 6SN7.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
damn they look awesome I am just a bit reluctant to buy a 50-60 year old tube for over $700. I just had a used tested good ken Rad crap out on me last night and I am back to my Full Music mesh plates (they are really great tubes)

Tyrion has the AVVTs in his Moth they are supposed to be the holy grail of newer production mesh plates.

Agreed. I’ve had one good opportunity to get those mono-plates from a highly regarded tube guy for $500, but no guarantee or warranty. I decided against it; sometimes I have second thoughts. The worst for me is not knowing what it actually sounds like and what I am missing.

It is my understanding that AVVTs is now Emissions Labs. At least (I believe) the main forces behind AVVT is either owner or partners at Emission Labs. Those AVVTS have been reported to have issues, but are still highly regarded and sought after. And the national distributor (Jac?) of AVVT and Emission Labs told me that the Emissions Labs mesh plate is better, but who knows. I’ve got the EML solid plates and they sound really good. I can only imagine what differences/improvements the mesh plates bring to the table.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #110 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
if you are interested check out this link: (about your AVVTs)
http://www.jacmusic.com/avvt/index.htm

I have the paperwork on my tubes. It looks like they were purchased in '02 but doesn't say when they were manufactured. The paperwork is a Registration form for the tubes from JAC Music with the serial numbers for each tube. I also have test data for each tube and a Factory Test Certificate signed by Alesa Vaic. The tube had a 5 year warranty.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #111 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I have the paperwork on my tubes. It looks like they were purchased in '02 but doesn't say when they were manufactured. The paperwork is a Registration form for the tubes from JAC Music with the serial numbers for each tube. I also have test data for each tube and a Factory Test Certificate signed by Alesa Vaic. The tube had a 5 year warranty.

You should be fine, but you could contact Jac for the production yr. That's a long tube warranty.
eek.gif

I think Emission Labs is one yr.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #112 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
You should be fine, but you could contact Jac for the production yr. That's a long tube warranty.
eek.gif

I think Emission Labs is one yr.

I have a copy of the warranty form that shows the date it was sent to the company. The warranty is 12 months unless the warranty registration form is sent in within 60 days of the purchase. I just sent an email to JAC Music with the serial numbers to determine the production year.

Thanks for the info.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #115 of 121
So are there anymore views on the subject or will we have to wait until the next big meet?

Dec 2, 2006 at 9:58 AM Post #118 of 121
Yep, Craig mentioned the meet this weekend. I'm hoping there will be lots of impressions/comparisons posted! I'm having quite a tough time deciding what to get, especially since buying a ZD would be rather complicated.

Dec 2, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #119 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there will be a Zana at the Florida meet and maybe there will be a SP amp there (not sure) we should have impressions late tomorrow

Darkvoice vs Heed still on for the meet?
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #120 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, Craig mentioned the meet this weekend. I'm hoping there will be lots of impressions/comparisons posted! I'm having quite a tough time deciding what to get, especially since buying a ZD would be rather complicated.

Have you checked with Craig to see if all the ZD's in this run are spoken for? I know he was going to make a minimum of 10 and more if he had more orders before the cut off date. Also, Todd the VJ is going to carry them when Craig is able to build more. Just before the second run, Craig was also talking about upgrading the cosmetics so this may be the last ones with the original looks ( which I love ) and when and if, the cosmetics are upgraded, the price will increase by a good bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back