Zana Deux SE #1 in da house!
Jul 11, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can somebody tell me the length of the umbilical? I suppose it's the same as a regular ZD. . . but I don't know how long that is.

ZD #65 has an umbilical length of 48".

OP - You have a very nice setup! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine
icon10.gif

robinje beat me to it... For the record though, I contorted my arms with a measuring tape (the kind used for fabric) to get that measurement :)

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

robinje beat me to it... For the record though, I contorted my arms with a measuring tape (the kind used for fabric) to get that measurement :)

I really appreciate robinje's efforts (thanks!), but I would not have been entirely convinced of the exact measurements without some kind of contortions.
biggrin.gif
Thanks to both -- now I know exactly where that thing is going.

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #22 of 26
Just got mine!! ZD SE #7. I've only had a couple of hours with it, but for now, just wow. Like butter. Even the packing was beautiful -- the people in the mailroom at work called the wooden box "art" when I went to pick it up.

It's also my first tube amp, and I'm a little proud of myself for getting the thing all set up.

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #23 of 26
Congrats with your new Zana Deux. It is truly a stunning amp, both visually and sonically. I love mine.

Happy listening!

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #24 of 26
Thanks, nor_spoon! I'm learning as I go!

I see that the tubes in the back are the 6D22S rectifiers -- but I don't get why the SE has what look like grounding wires on those tubes, and the non-SE doesn't. Anybody know?

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, nor_spoon! I'm learning as I go!

I see that the tubes in the back are the 6D22S rectifiers -- but I don't get why the SE has what look like grounding wires on those tubes, and the non-SE doesn't. Anybody know?

The last revision of the non se had them as well, as that was the ZD I had. Basically they are referred to as plate caps. Its part of basic tube operation, but some tubes like damper diodes require a separate wire from the plate of the tube and most other tubes simply have a pin on the base thats connected to the plate. I would recommend reading in the amp forum the sticky that is about basic tube operation and it will make more sense. I will say though that don't mess with those wires/plate caps, especially with the tube amp on, as long as you have them plugged in you'll be fine. Remember the saying, "curiosity killed the cat"
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last revision of the non se had them as well, as that was the ZD I had. Basically they are referred to as plate caps. Its part of basic tube operation, but some tubes like damper diodes require a separate wire from the plate of the tube and most other tubes simply have a pin on the base thats connected to the plate. I would recommend reading in the amp forum the sticky that is about basic tube operation and it will make more sense. I will say though that don't mess with those wires/plate caps, especially with the tube amp on, as long as you have them plugged in you'll be fine. Remember the saying, "curiosity killed the cat"
biggrin.gif

Thanks! And I'm not going near that stuff. I just like looking at the purty colors. I think I'm going to listen in the dark for a few days . . . and then in the winter I'll make smores over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back