ZAGG ZR-Six
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

thegamer36

New Head-Fier
I received an email today from Zagg.  They have a new set of earbuds called the ZR-Six.  Has anyone heard anything about them?  They are guaranteeing them to be the best earbuds you have ever heard or you will get your money back.

http://www.zagg.com/audio/zr-six-ear-phones.php

Thoughts? 

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 13
How are they gonna be the best earphones you've ever heard??? The driver is facing in the wrong direction
biggrin.gif
!

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:
How are they gonna be the best earphones you've ever heard??? The driver is facing in the wrong direction
biggrin.gif
!

Hm, I didn't even notice that.  So apparently, the sound from the driver is facing outwards towards some sort of "acoustic" reflector which will then "reflect" the sound into the right direction.  No clue how it works, I really don't care to know either :p  

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 13
Looks like I've found the successor to my Heir 4.Ai's 
size]

Wonder if they expect us to ship them back after we get our refund.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
If not everyone on here will be getting a refund... Unless they really are amazing with the backward driver...

Maybe amazing, but the best? Not in a million years.
Well, maybe for some people here.
And this acoustic-reflectionthingy is kind of interesting.

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #9 of 13
I just bought a pair of these and I also own the first gen. SMARTbuds (used for 2 years)

The negative
- Zagg ZR-Six are not coated in the protective material
- The option to hang them over you neck (Hangin' Tight) is no longer available
- The volume button is removed and the “answer/pause/play” button is made of plastic and the quality seems very bad (instead of metal on the SMARTbuds)

The positive
- Like the tangle free cord (it’s flat and not round)
- The sound is better

Conclusion: Overall I'm not extremely pleased with the purchase. In my opinion the SMARTbuds is a far better product, since i usually just listen to audiobooks, so the slightly better sound is not very important to me. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #11 of 13
You know they are quite old and the market most likely passed them by. Obviously they weren't anything special back in 2013. Didn't take off and I doubt you'll be seeing anymore feedback. Probably buy $10 KZ that are better. LZ has a new $30 phone that is half the cost and probably beats them up. RHA S500 is $40 and good. Macaw RT-10 is $30 or less and their bigger brother the GT100S is $60 or so and has the same reflected driver plus sound tuning filters and lots of happy users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back