Yurbuds or iBeats?
Dec 11, 2011 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Daydreamin747

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I was just wondering which buds I should get between these two. I know, they are extremely different phones, but I'm still apprehensive on which to get. Ill be using them for shooting hoops (I'm big on basketball). The yurbuds are attractive for never falling out, but the iBeats' bass is attractive. Would the iBeats fall out if I'm shooting? And is there sound quality really that much more impressive than the yurbuds? Thanks for helping me, as always :)

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 14
Neither...  Yurbuds have low quality...  For being active, I"d recommend the MEE M6, and ever the Marshall Minors over those buds stated above.  If you have cash, even Phonaks won't fall out.

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 14
.... Your a member of head-fi and your considering buying Beats?

I recommend something over-ear, like the M6 shown above.
The m6 have plenty of bass while still having decent clarity and very impressive detail, unlike anything from Beats.

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Narrowed down to these two... Any other suggestions?

If you're asking me to help you choose between Yurbuds and iBeats, you might as well put the gun to my head and tell me to pull the trigger.  As I said before, here are my suggestions:
  1. Phonak 012/022
  2. MEE M6
  3. Marshall Minor (if you want buds and not IEMs)

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 14
Well, you don't get bass out of any earbud, so it should come as no surprise that the Yurbud has no bass.  I would still go with the Yurbud though, because they seriously never fall out.  Even in the rain. 

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
Well, you don't get bass out of any earbud, so it should come as no surprise that the Yurbud has no bass.  I would still go with the Yurbud though, because they seriously never fall out.  Even in the rain. 

It depends on fit...  You can get bass out of earbuds...

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 14
Bose ie2. They aren't for me, or many other head-fiers, but if you you are looking for yurbuds with beats bass, than that is exactly what they are. they are about $100, so right around your price range. Bose also has great customer service and return policy, so youve really got nothing to loose. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #12 of 14
No offense, but I prefer neither of those? I like mid-bass bleed (to an extent) but the beats in general (across their whole entire line) has major bleed. This makes their apparent "bumping" lows really muddy. Coloration of the beats in general is dull. They try to overcompensate by amping up the lows to cater to the general public (Because this is what they see as "Good" sound quality.

The M6's are nice. It isn't flat but at the same time not overwhelming in the lower frequencies. As it is a cheaper headphone, it may be a little tinny at times, and driver flex is sick (which is a bad thing). Overall the sound quality is nice through these. For 20-25 bucks I couldn't ask for anything better. As they are over ear once set in (driver flex has finally settled in) they are good to go until you are ready to take them out. Sweat drip isn't horrible on these The microphonics is reduced to a minimum because of the over the ear design.

It wouldn't be "that" great for shooting. the plastic on these are pretty thin so I don't expect the sound isolation from a gun shot is going to do too well. I don't particularly like the sound isolation on these (versus say my SE535's which has great sound isolation). So you may need to go up in weight class. I am not sure of the recommendation here.

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #13 of 14
ehhh, If you are talking about the $100 class, IE2's are way out of it's league. The muffled texture that it provides, with poor sound isolation and construction is beyond even my own belief. I will give you the fact that they do have great customer service and return policy as well as great noise cancelling properties, but the IE2s needs a lot of revision if it wants to hold it's own weight. Not dissing bose, just saying that when they entered into the IEM game, they messed up and continued to do so with these. Bass they have, but when the high notes sound bassy, that is a problem...

Quote:
Bose ie2. They aren't for me, or many other head-fiers, but if you you are looking for yurbuds with beats bass, than that is exactly what they are. they are about $100, so right around your price range. Bose also has great customer service and return policy, so youve really got nothing to loose. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #14 of 14
Well not the kind of big bass that everyone seems to want out of a workout earbud.  And I'm surprised that you can't really get a lot of bass impact out of an earbud.  I don't mean an IEM, just and earbud.  It's a surprise though because an IEM like the S4 has a ton of slam.  Why can't an earbud give you the same slam? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back