Yulong D100 mkII - Reviews?
Mar 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Quadpatch

Head-Fier
I had read a bunch of great stuff about the original D100 (here and generally) so decided to get one but as I was about to buy I found out that there was a version II coming out soon so waited. Only a few days later I saw one on eBay so jumped on it. I got the unit a few days ago and I am really very impressed. I have been a bit disappointed in the other DAC / headphone amps I have had before for various reasons but this one just wows me in every way. In fact the only very slight niggle I have is that the volume knob is horrid plastic but underneath the stepped system feels and sounds good.

Having only owned 2 other such devices and not the original D100 I can't say that I feel confident reviewing it on here so I was wondering if anyone with more experience is likely to get their mits on one for reviewing soon as I think this machine deserves some love.

I found that it pairs with the Denon AH-D7000 and V-Moda Crossfade M-80 extremely well. I have only used and probably will only use USB on this thing and so far it's worked brilliantly. If anyone would like any info about this device or thinks I should review it here let me know.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 3
I know you don't have the original, but if you one day come across one and you would be able to do a comparison between the two editions it would be awesome! :D
I'm currently trying to make my mind up between mkI and II to replace my Xonar Essence STX. I'm going to plug an HD650 Sennheiser into whatever I end up buying, and while I've read that the original goes really well with this headphone I'm not sure about mkII. (Some people thinks mkII is a downgrade amp-wise :/ )

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 3
Oh that's interesting about the amp. Where did you hear that, is there anyone else around here talking about it? Because I couldn't find anything at all. When I first heard about the mkII version it was described as a mostly an amp upgrade (apart from the USB), it was supposed to sound a bit more... powerful / bassy? but perhaps that has had some negative effects. Anyway, I would love to get my hands on an original one day as well (it would be handy for work actually). If I do I will surely report back but right now I can't afford it.

Are you not happy with your STX btw? Does it give any noticeable feedback from being internal? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back