Yulong A8 and D8 pre-order invitation - order by Oct 31st only
Mar 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #16 of 39
There's been mixed reports about whether the D8 will be available for widespread purchase, I really hope it is... but if it isn't we may have this to fall back on: http://www.head-fi.org/t/648674/yulongs-new-da8

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
Drool at the D8 on top. I hope these become full production models so I can buy one when I can actually afford it.

Yulong is also currently working on an DA8.  DAC and heaphone amp unit.  From what I have gathered in the forums it is likely to have most of the performance of the D8 (if not the same??).  It will be a production model for sure.  Expect this year.

Edit:  Sorry, I see EraserXIV posted essentially the same thing above.

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #18 of 39
Update:

"As per Yulong, D8 and A8 are likely to be ready by end of the year. It's later than we expected (originally thought to be in July)."

Likely the DA8 has distracted Yulong from the D8 and A8.  Oh well, I'll pick up a DA8 as soon as it becomes available to get a taste for now.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #20 of 39
I am curious if anybody else out there pre ordered one or both of these?  I ordered both the A8 and D8.  I’m still excited to get them.  If the D8 is anything like (or better) than the DA8 that is out now (which I picked up) it should be quit the DAC.

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #22 of 39
Hi guys I too am very interested in the D8.  I have looking for reviews on Yulong's product and couldn't find too much info.  Seems some of you or a lot of you have his other DACs.  How are they in comparison to other DACs out there?  Today I auditioned the Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Rega DAC, and Jolida DAC and honestly, I really could not hear a difference between any of them including just listening to the CD player directly connected to the preamp.  Just wondering if I am going to honestly here a big difference if I purchased one of his DACs like the D8?  

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #23 of 39
If you don't hear a difference, then buy the cheapest one!! 
biggrin.gif

In all honesty though, you probably didn't listen long enough. All these DACs, including the Yulong have a certain sound signature however subtle it might be but its there. Maybe you needed sometime to acclimate to the characteristics of each one individually to identify them and it is difficult to get a grasp of it listening to them for a couple of songs, unless you are more experience in this sort of thing. 

There is a review of the DA8 here which is very positive and I think it will answer your questions: http://www.head-fi.org/t/673033/review-yulong-audio-sabre-da8-reference-dac

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #24 of 39
Well I decided to pull the trigger and pre-order the D8 from Grant Fidelity.  I'm excited!  The fact that it is a limited production run makes it even more exciting.  

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:
Well I decided to pull the trigger and pre-order the D8 from Grant Fidelity.  I'm excited!  The fact that it is a limited production run makes it even more exciting.  

How much did you have to deposit?

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:
How much did you have to deposit?

Deposit is $699 USD and we can still squeeze in new orders. Balance due before shipping (exact amount unknown at this point due to design not completed yet so factory cannot have exact quote on cost)

Best, 
Rachel @ Grant Fidelity 

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #29 of 39
Looks like we'll be waiting to the end of the year at best.

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #30 of 39
I wonder if the A8 will be a true balance design, I recall the A18 having xlr INs and OUTs though it was not of a balanced amp configuration. Balanced or not, it doesnt really matter in terms of which is better between the two, Ive heard SE amps sounding much better than a BAL amp as well as the reversal, I was just curious if Yulong will address it given there was a slight confusion with the A18.

Oh how happy I would be to see a fully balanced amp from Yulong hooked up to a DA8!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back