Yuin PK3s busted. Can I repair them?
Jun 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Xee

New Head-Fier
Listened to my mp3 on the way to school today and had no problems. Put my earbuds away in my school bag when class started and then took out again when it was done only to find that the right channel wasn't working. No idea why it happened; my school bag just sat there the whole time and wasn't touched. I bought them exactly a year and 6 days ago from Head Direct and aside from occasional buzzing at certain frequencies never had a problem with them. Is there anything I can check to try and repair them or am I pretty much just SOL? Thanks in advance.

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Most likely the cable is broken internally at the point where it leaves the 3.5mm jack. This is a common flaw of the whole Yuin lineup. Happened to me on two pairs of PK3 and one pair of PK2. After that I got fed up with Yuin and bought the Sennheiser MX 980
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Most likely the cable is broken internally at the point where it leaves the 3.5mm jack. This is a common flaw of the whole Yuin lineup. Happened to me on two pairs of PK3 and one pair of PK2. After that I got fed up with Yuin and bought the Sennheiser MX 980
bigsmile_face.gif

Yikes. Not willing to spend that much money. Think I'll give the Seinnheiser MX 580's a try instead.

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif

Just thought I should update. I tested out your theory by slightly moving the cable at the point where it leaves the 3.5mm jack while I had it plugged in to my MP3 player and was able to get it to get the right channel working if I held it "just so". Seems kind of a shame to toss them for something so trivial but I have no idea how to fix it. Ended up ordering the Sennheiser MX 580's from B&H; I noticed they have an L-shaped connection so hopefully this won't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back