Yuin PK3 or OK3 ?
Oct 24, 2008 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

quanganh101090

Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I need your help
I'm choosing between PK3 and OK3, and what I need is bass, cuz it's just for fun, I got the PK2 and OK2 already, so dont recommend me that
smily_headphones1.gif

as I said, I only need the bass impact, so which one will give a strong bass ? OK3 or PK3 ?
And there some problem I have with OK2, when I drive it by a Samsung P2, with 90-100%, there were some noise which I'm sure it's not in the song, with PK2 I've never had this problem. so will I have the same problem with OK3 ?
Thanks

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 7
If you're slanted towards warmer bass then the PK3 will do you better especially considering price/performance. OK3s seem to be more 'tuned' and while they have their strengths, for quantity of bass the PK-series seem to be doing better.

However why stop at the Yuins when you get full-size/portable full headphones? Even with better bass than most earbuds, Yuins hardly compete in the bass departement than phones such as sennheiser PX100s or Koss porta pros. To get a similar impact I have to really mess with the equalizer for my PK3s, and often times that ends up ruining the midrange impression.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're slanted towards warmer bass then the PK3 will do you better especially considering price/performance. OK3s seem to be more 'tuned' and while they have their strengths, for quantity of bass the PK-series seem to be doing better.

However why stop at the Yuins when you get full-size/portable full headphones? Even with better bass than most earbuds, Yuins hardly compete in the bass departement than phones such as sennheiser PX100s or Koss porta pros. To get a similar impact I have to really mess with the equalizer for my PK3s, and often times that ends up ruining the midrange impression.

Well, unless you are a basshead, I would rather get a PK3 than PortaPros and PK2 over Senn PX100 - the Yuins are more balanced, have better clarity and are much smaller. Also, with PX100 and PortaPros there may be leakage issues and they can't really be used in a library or anywhere in public where silence is important because they leak so much sound. Yuins, on the other hand, hardly leak any sound at all.

Edit: Ok, I didn't read the OPs original post carefully - the Yuin earbuds are not really meant for those looking for great bass impact. You may want to consider Audio Technica ATH-CM700 then, which can be bought for less than $70 on ebay and blows away PX100/PortaPro in overall SQ while delivering really deep, tight bass for earbuds that only Yuin OK1 can rival. It doesn't really have much impact out of the box, but you can EQ it if you want impact - it responds well to EQ. Another option is to wait for the final version of Yuin G2 to come out on Head-Direct in about two-three weeks or so. Those have good bass impact and clarity, but the SQ is not as high as that of ATH-CM700.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 7
^exactly, though if the OP doesn't mind and has a good player EQ then the PK3 should be just fine (comparable price to the koss and senns so no worries/remorse).

Even not being a basshead I found both the senns and koss to be great if you tune the lower frequencies down just a little.

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Another thought: Maybe what the OP is really looking for is deep bass. Yuin PK3, PK2 and OK2 all roll off completely below 50Hz, so they don't have any deep bass at all. I think the OP may therefore be missing those deep tones, not impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back