YUIN PK3 Disappointing Quality -- need recommendations
Jan 4, 2010 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johnation33

100+ Head-Fier
I bought YUIN PK3's about 3 months ago, and have been listening to them (I mostly use it for the gym and running) but it just broke. The left earbud no longer outputs any music. Didn't drop it or anything, just the next day I go for a run and no sound comes out. Very disappointing.

I am using my spare apple IPOD earbuds (horrendous) and I need something that doesn't kill my ear soon. Any recommendations for earbuds ONLY around the $30-$70 price range?

I think this time I am going to stay away from YUIN...the SQ was nice, but the build quality is very disappointing. Never had a headphone crap out on me like that.

Anything recs? Needs to fulfill the following:
-$30-$70
-Earbud
-Comfortable (really important)
-Good SQ (I like my Grado SR225 a lot, so anything grado sounding is great)

Color, design etc doesn't matter.

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 6
sweat =/= lengthy use of headphone...the best bet is something where you don't need to worry about the headphone get sweat which will damage components of the driver.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 6
You actually pay attention to the quality of the music while exercising? I just use my ipod headphones when I'm doing sweaty stuff like that because I don't really pay attention to how bad they sound, but to my music.
But yeah, sweat and headphones don't really mix well. Maybe unless you buy some waterproof ear buds? But don't expect them to sound very good.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 6
too bad for Yuin, alot of good feedback and review about the SQ, but
further reading on the user's side the down side is its build quality..
im now afraid to try it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back