Yuin PK2 vs. Mylar x3 Showdown!
Jun 16, 2007 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ekoshyun

New Head-Fier
Hi all! New here and very interested in the community! I've searched for about 2-3 weeks now on Head-fi looking for a dynamic comparison between the Yuin PK2's and Mylar x3's for:
1) comfort (subjective)
2) sound quality (subjective)
3) cable style (y or asymmetrical)
4) value (cost for sound quality)
5) possible problems (tangling, earwax, etc)
I realize they are both completely different styles, but I just wanted to see which one is really more comfortable - say, for someone on the go with an iPod Nano unamped. Heck, if both sound great, maybe I'll just buy both and test them out and post a formal review up in a week or two with pictures hehe..

Please let me know what you guys think!Thanks!
etysmile.gif

Jun 16, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I'd be interested in comparison comments too..

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Your title makes it sound like you're going to give us the skinny on these two, and then we open the thread and find that you're asking too. Now, from your post, we know you're thinking of it, so step up to the plate! Get both and tell us how they compare. The team will thank you.

Jun 16, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 5
I had both. SQ-wise, the PK2 is as good as (if not better than) the X3, after some burn-in. I really liked the sound, very crisp highs, plenty of bass, etc. This isn't going to be some techy review/comparo, just my POV. Anyway, the Yuin's were just too big for long-term wear. In short, ear buds, even the PK2s, started to hurt my ears after about an hour. I guess my ears are too small for buds. No such problems with the X3s, which sound great for $57 shipped. Now, if you want a keeper and want to spend a little more, say $130 on eBay, pick up a set of Atrio M5s. Anyway, if ear buds work for you, I'd give a slight edge to the PK2s. I would never have bought the X3s if the PK2s fit me right.

Oh, I had the J-cord, which I didn't like either (now they have Y cords). As for possible problems, none I can see other than fit, and more sound leakage with the PK2s. You can almost get away with the X3s on a train, plane, etc. Not so the PK2s. Value-wise, pretty close in price, so it's not a factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back