Yuin PK2 parking problems
Aug 5, 2008 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Hatmann

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying a PK2 as we speak.

It's a nice bud with more than decent sound.

But here's what I can't do while wearing them:

Walk, exercise, eat or move around.

The Yuins simply won't stay in.
Is there a trick to keeping them parked?

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 17
I believe they also have silicone pads. That might help keep them in better.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying a PK2 as we speak.

It's a nice bud with more than decent sound.

But here's what I can't do while wearing them:

Walk, exercise, eat or move around.

The Yuins simply won't stay in.
Is there a trick to keeping them parked?

I have the same problem withe OK3s. They are great for sitting around in a beach chair or at the poker table, but walking with them is a losing prop. I gave up, and use canals or IEMs when walking. The are pretty large buds, and the OKs seem even bigger.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe they also have silicone pads. That might help keep them in better.

Those are for OK series. PK series come with foam pad and donut pad.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 17
Yeah, earbuds suck. Period. I'd suggest getting a good pair of IEMs or canalphones. You'll be much happier with a canalphone that stays in place than the glorified ibuds.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, earbuds suck. Period. I'd suggest getting a good pair of IEMs or canalphones. You'll be much happier with a canalphone that stays in place than the glorified ibuds.

Until you have put a pair of well amped Yuin PK1 in your ears, you have yet to know what a good pair of earphone can be, mate.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although they may nof fit your ears, have you covered the buds with the included cover (for the lack of a better description). I find this helps me keep them in ear when active (walks, cycling, jogging).

Thanks for that suggestion.
The pads help.....but not a lot.
They also look like they probably have a short lifespan.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Until you have put a pair of well amped Yuin PK1 in your ears, you have yet to know what a good pair of earphone can be, mate.

Nah, if I had that budget, I'd go for something that has good isolation. $159 @ HeadRoom
eek.gif
I'd get either something from UE or go a bit higher and get the ER4P.

IDK, maybe it's just me. Not a fan of open phones(seeing as I use them in noisy environments often).

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #12 of 17
Try out the Radio Shack earbud foams. They come in a pack of 4 for $5. Have alot more thickness to them than the donut foams my pk1s came with. I seem to get a much better and fuller fit. Plus the added bonus of actually making my earbuds sound better to me as well.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are just for sitting still, unless you have perfect ear canals for the PK/OK buds..

The main advantage of buds seems to be how easy they are to put on and take off.
But if all you can do is sit still while wearing them, they're going to be of limited use no matter how great the sound might be.

Based on user reviews, I was eager to try the PKs.
After just one day of trying to keep them on, I find them disappointing.

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are just for sitting still, unless you have perfect ear canals for the PK/OK buds..

seems like i do. sitting here with pk1 at the moment, and i can jump on the bed without them budging...

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #15 of 17
My PK1 stay firm in my right ear even while running but my left ear it just keeps falling out. The right ear is also bassier than the left (even after swapping the buds). No doubt individual ear canal sizes have an effect on the sound for different people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back