Yuin PK2, Impressions & Pics.
Mar 28, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #46 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I can say to you is that if they have all the bass provided by the Vibes, you couldn't like them. I don't like bass-anemic music, but I could't hear the OVC T25, that are supposed to be the same as Vibes. Overwhelming bass.

i've read that v-moda vibe have more bass than v-moda m-class. and btw, westone um2 have way more bass than m-class, and even more have beyerdynamics dt-770. in my view m-class has just enuff bass, but more wouldn't hurt me, while less might (if that's the case for pk2)... but that's my taste anyway.

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #48 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered mine! cant wait to hear how they sound.

and on another note, I wouldn't have gotten new cans if it wern't for head-fi! damn...

You probably should have waited for Y-cord version. It should be available pretty soon.

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #50 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You probably should have waited for Y-cord version. It should be available pretty soon.

ya, I was going to do that, but these were 55$ shipped (brand new). I couldn't pass it up.

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #51 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love my J-cord PK2s

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #52 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya, I was going to do that, but these were 55$ shipped (brand new). I couldn't pass it up.

where did u get them $55 shipped?

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #53 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did u get them $55 shipped?

oh, it was another head-fi member. Here is another pair going for $55, they have been opened but look to be in perfect condition: link

Apr 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #55 of 77
I just got my pk2's! Initial impressions: great soundstage, great detail, and oh so portable.

These easily just replaced my px200's. When comparing them side by side, the yuin is so much more lively. It really brings you into the music; an impressive attribute for and earbud.

CX300's are very close; very different, but very close. I feel that the cx300 has too much bass and not as much detail. While it does have some isolation, thats not what I was looking for in these 'buds. While the cx300's may be the better choice to use on the bus, I will be carrying the pk2's much more often.

Lastly, for anyone interested in purchasing these, you may want to wait for the "y" cord version. I really don't mind the "j" cord, but if you do, then there is always the second option coming. Oh, also, people have been complaining about the lack of bass. I feel that it has a fair amount. Many headphones just overdo the bass, and I actually feel that the amount that these produce is more lifelike.

Edit: I just listened to some jazz... this would be the area that these buds excel. AWESOME!! If you are looking for a pair of portable cans for jazz, these are them.

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #59 of 77
Oh my. That's so.... perfect. I must have the Y-cord version now!
very_evil_smiley.gif
580smile.gif

If only there was some sort of trade program
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back