Yuin PK1's replacement options?
Feb 8, 2024 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

musician262

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I've a pair of PK1's that I've had for years which are finally giving up. I've loved using them and like the sound and soundstage that they produce. I'm aware that these are rather outdated now, and wonder what people would recommend to replace them with please?
I only listen to classical music - instrumental, choral and orchestral, and want to replace them with another earbud as I hate in-ear phones. I know that I could get better sound with something actually in my ear, but I really don't like the feel of them. Budget is around $150.
Many thanks.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,
I've a pair of PK1's that I've had for years which are finally giving up. I've loved using them and like the sound and soundstage that they produce. I'm aware that these are rather outdated now, and wonder what people would recommend to replace them with please?
I only listen to classical music - instrumental, choral and orchestral, and want to replace them with another earbud as I hate in-ear phones. I know that I could get better sound with something actually in my ear, but I really don't like the feel of them. Budget is around $150.
Many thanks.

Personally, for earbuds for classical and orchestral, I quite like the Yincrow RW2000, or the Rikubuds Grand Alter Saber 3.

You can ask more in the dedicated earbuds thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/

The folk there are quite helpful.

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I always liked my PK1s. Perhaps a bit bass shy. That might be a fit issue or just a feature of the Yuins.

But I gave up on earbuds and went with IEMs. Isn't Crinnacle working on some kind of ultimate earbud? Its worth looking into that, he seems to know what he is doing.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back