Yuin PK1<--Mini³<--Rockboxed ipod
Aug 11, 2008 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fjf

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got the PK1, and connected to the mini³, I have to say it is a great earbud. My only complaint is that the bass is a bit too heavy (certainly, coming from the ER4P/S, this is not surprising).The midrange and highs are very involving, really nice. This may be THE portable of choice for people that find the ER4P too bright and dry. This combo is very good sounding!.

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 8
I have my Pk1s hooked up with D2 and being a bass head .. I m in HEAVEN !!!
atsmile.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 8
PK3 would have even stronger bass. PK1 is truly big can in a small package.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Well, this is a detailed and warm headphone. It lacks the instrument separation of the ER4S (you can almost "see" the different instruments around you), but the midbass bump makes it enjoyable for relaxed listening. It is a colored phone, but in a nice way. And for those who do not like canalphones too much, these earbuds are VERY comfortable. If isolation is not necessary, this may be it. The analytic Etys are very good, but I do not enjoy them as much. It is hard to explain. I may have to get the OK1, which people say is more neutral, to compare. It is just more expensive!
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 8
i love my pk-1 too! why aren't there more high-end earbuds? like putting a million drivers in earbuds like UE is doing with IEM's?

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love my pk-1 too! why aren't there more high-end earbuds? like putting a million drivers in earbuds like UE is doing with IEM's?

AFAIK, Panasonic tried multiple transducers / diaphragms design on the 90s with good result. My RP-HV600 is one of their last earbud model with dual diaphragms design. Unfortunately the bad economic on the late 90s cause them to shut down almost all their headphone R&D department, and they never make another good earbud model again.

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Pk1 is definitely the best earbud i've ever heard. I have lots of fun listening to it and the bass boost on the minibox e+ is massive. I can't believe sometimes how much bass these buds can put out. It's fun with some music, but unfortunately i'm gonna be downgrading to maybe some PK3 or OK3s with a sansa clip for ultra portability. So someone is going to score some brand new PK1s from me soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back