Yuin PK1 - Cannot Solder Plug!
Oct 10, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
so what would advise to use after having done the lighter trick to "seal" the soldering?

The solder is the seal.  If you make the joint properly, it will last longer than the headphones themselves, unless you use a solder type prone to tin whiskers.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 24
sure, but the lighter trick isn't too accurate...but OK I'll try to tin every part that's been burned.

@yellowjeep: it should be easy, I'll post some pics.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #21 of 24
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll try some of these ideas and let you guys know how it goes.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
sure, but the lighter trick isn't too accurate...but OK I'll try to tin every part that's been burned.

you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the wire right at the edge of how far you want to remove the enamel.  The pliers will act as a heat sink, and prevent excess enamel from being burned (melted) off. 

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #23 of 24

You may want to use some electronic tape to tape the area that you don't want it to be burn with lighter.

After you burn the area that you need  to solder, use alcohol to clean that area and the copper color should show up instead of black color.
Quote:

@yellowjeep: it should be easy, I'll post some pics.

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #24 of 24

Thanks, I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

there's some pics here actually.

you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the wire right at the edge of how far you want to remove the enamel.  The pliers will act as a heat sink, and prevent excess enamel from being burned (melted) off. 

sounds like a plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back