YUIN OKs Fall Sale from $59
Jun 8, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 40
many members who received prototypes expressed disappointment when the OK series were used as IEMs with the screw-on tips.

have these issues been resolved?

Jun 8, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fang
I just ordered OK 1s and my order didn't have any shipping charges. What are the shipping charges on these?

In case you missed it on Head-Direct's website, the shipping is free.

Jun 8, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
many members who received prototypes expressed disappointment when the OK series were used as IEMs with the screw-on tips.

have these issues been resolved?

I dont think so. Theyre great when used as earbuds, not so great when used as iems.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 40
Finally
biggrin.gif

I'm a bit disappointed with the prices, though.

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #23 of 40
Just got my OK2's yesterday. The jury is still out on the sound quality/price ratio (although they are the best earbuds I have heard), but I was surely disappointed in the packaging. My understanding is that the PK come in a nice wooden box, these came in what is essentially a film canister in a cheap cardboard box. While I understand that Yuin takes a substance over form approach, this seems weak for $169.

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtimmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my OK2's yesterday. The jury is still out on the sound quality/price ratio (although they are the best earbuds I have heard), but I was surely disappointed in the packaging. My understanding is that the PK come in a nice wooden box, these came in what is essentially a film canister in a cheap cardboard box. While I understand that Yuin takes a substance over form approach, this seems weak for $169.

Does it really matter if they come in crap packaging or nice packaging. It's the quality of build and sound that matters most, right?. Just think how much these would cost if yuin spent more money on packaging.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #27 of 40
I now have my OK1, thanks Fang. Man they have lovely soudstage and the detail is fantastic. How is everyone using them as a earbud with the rubber ring or gril?

I rather like them in the in ear mode at the moment...........

Jun 28, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #28 of 40
Man I heard both the OK1 and PK1 at CanJam 08 and both sounded fantastic. After a lot of back and forth I prefered the OK1 by an slight margin. I have been wanting to pick the OK1 for a while but I need to sell a few toys and make the space/money.
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mrarroyo - did you hear them (Ok1) in cannel mode or as ear bud ? and what did you think of the sound in the two modes.

I only tested them as a bud, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back