Yuin OK1 - review and comparisons.
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #106 of 116
My experience with OK1 so far.

I am a passionate singer and have a well trained ear.

My standard earphones for the past ten years have been a ten dollar Sony's, to me they are very neutral and open. I have had a Yuin Pk1 and Pk2 a Grado SR80i and a Senheiser MX 980, all 100-150 euro (except Pk2). The Sennheiser is a ripp off for the money, it offers good voice but sounds only slightly better than my Sony's. The Grado I never liked, to me it isn't musical, I would recommend it for film because of the good bass. Yuin Pk1 and 2 I have listened to on an Ipod and Cowon D2 without amplifier, mp3, and I liked them a lot. Especially for classical and accoustic. I listened to them a lot while biking and I remember looking up sometimes because it seemed like the sound was coming from high in the sky. That's typical for these earbuds.

But the Ok1 is an entirely different class. I have listened to them on an Ipad and could sense that it lacked power very well, than hooked it up to a 20 euro micro amplifier, it sounded fuller but still didn't sound very well. Finally I hooked them up to my Chromebook: jaw dropping. Hi-fi quality, it sounds like 1000 euro headphones. I owned 400 dollar a pair Dali floor speakers and Ok1's sound better. 

I'm listening to this now. http://www.veniceclassicradio.eu/ Full, open, deep and beautiful bass with the cello sonata's. Yuin's always have a softness to them, they sound friendly. Very clean and clear. Yuin's tend to go straight to the heart for me as well.

Now I have to think about what to do with mobile listening. Maybe buy a Cowon and a 100-200 euro amplifier when I have the money..(I should sell the Grado and the Sennheiser, the Yuin's all broke down).

That's another thing, Yuin's tend to break very fast. I'm a mountainbiker and I generally don't expect them to last for more than a year. But being an avid music listener and strongly preferring non IEM's (I want to hear traffic) I have no choice.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #108 of 116
Take a look at mx680 or mx685. Stable fit, kevlar reinforced cable, water and sweat proof. I enjoy mx680 outdoors.
Quote:

That's another thing, Yuin's tend to break very fast. I'm a mountainbiker and I generally don't expect them to last for more than a year. But being an avid music listener and strongly preferring non IEM's (I want to hear traffic) I have no choice.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #112 of 116
It's been quite a while since I last post here at HF.org. A lot had happened and changed the way things are in the audio world. But until now, I'm still using the OK1 and the ones faved DAP, the J3. I loved the combo because of the portability and of course the sound. But since I have not invested so much in audio equipment, I have not really taken time and effort to find the best possible DAP that could easily drive this power-hungry earbuds. I still believe that there is a lot of potential to this phones despite being outdated. Although my first priority is sound quality and enjoyment, I don't want the hassle of carrying an amplifier that's why I have a J3 but that seems to be not sufficient to drive the OK1.I wonder which recent DAP can drive the OK1 effortlessly. Anyone here who has any experience with other DAPs with the Yuin?

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #113 of 116
  It's been quite a while since I last post here at HF.org. A lot had happened and changed the way things are in the audio world. But until now, I'm still using the OK1 and the ones faved DAP, the J3. I loved the combo because of the portability and of course the sound. But since I have not invested so much in audio equipment, I have not really taken time and effort to find the best possible DAP that could easily drive this power-hungry earbuds. I still believe that there is a lot of potential to this phones despite being outdated. Although my first priority is sound quality and enjoyment, I don't want the hassle of carrying an amplifier that's why I have a J3 but that seems to be not sufficient to drive the OK1.I wonder which recent DAP can drive the OK1 effortlessly. Anyone here who has any experience with other DAPs with the Yuin?

You can try Fiio X5, Fiio X3, iBasso Dx50, Dx90, Dx100, which can drive ok1 and pk1 effortlessly. However I still think that ok1 and pk1 requires powerful amp to be a treasure. I have used iMod and UHA-6S.mkii with pk1 and it beats fiio x3 completely. The combo is more musical and powerful.

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #114 of 116
For me, Yuin OK1 worn without foams sound best. Glad I got it, for the price this earbud has an excellent value due to its sound quality. Comparable even to the renowned Empire Ears Zeus-R ADEL, which we know costs far higher. They share a similar weak bass, and open sound. High resolution, and detail reproduction. With the OK1 having a larger stage, and smoother highs. I really like it, and hope that more people could give it a listen :) Definitely in my top five, or even three favourite earphones at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back