Yuin OK1 - review and comparisons.
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #91 of 116
Now at 100 hours. ANd I tried these with my old Lyrix amp. And I am so suprised on their synnergy. The bass is completely resolved by the Lyrix's coloration. My pico is not as good sounding than the Lyrix with the OK1.

I'm still using the rubber cover only guys. How do these foam donuts go over this?! xD

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #92 of 116
Just received my OK1's an hour ago!

I wanted a pair of nice phones to replace my PX100's for office use. Initially I was thinking of going full-size but didn't want to look silly in the office. IEMs were not an option since it's such a hassle to take them on/off. The OK1's were just perfect for my needs!

Out of my Concerto, they are like full-size cans rather than ear-buds. The sound is full-bodied and detailed. Also tried my cMoyBB but the bass was not well controlled like the Concerto.

Now I need to find a good portable amp or a small desktop amp to make them shine.

Thanks kostalex for this great comparison (and pushing me over the edge
normal_smile .gif
)

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #96 of 116
Hm... Stock Sony 888 is heavier on bass and darker on highs. Is it stock Sony 888 or modded? How this was measured?

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #97 of 116
The site didn't state how it was measured, though I think it's safe to assume they measured the OK1 and E888 with the same method.

I don't find E888 heavy on bass unless I am using the stock version with foams on and pressing against my ears, but really, I think they are are average on bass, without foams, they are bass-light, especially for a Sony.  Modded E888 is not dark on the highs, cymbals are very realisitc and shimmering, are we using different E888's? Lol.

Of course, there are different ways to mod the E888, because there are 5(!) layers between the driver and your ear, so depending on which layers you remove or keep it will affect the sound in different ways, it is like this:

EAR ----- foam <-> rubber seal <-> plastic honeycomb grill <-> acoustic ricepaper filter <-> metal grill ----- DRIVER

I have some high-quality photos of the above if you want, all of these have different positive effects on the sound quality, except the rubber seal, which only decreases SQ, so it should not be there at all times, the problem is they become more fragile then.

I am curious, what does the OK1 driver look like?  Are there any pictures?  Can you see it through the grill?  Is it thin, fragile and transparent like the E888?  Or Metal or something?  I'd really like to know, thankyou.

May 30, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #99 of 116
great comaparison!
from this review  and the "best earbus" , i get that the pk1 are better than the ok1 at a lower volume while the ok1 are better at a higher. ?
then , how is that the pk1 are better at a noisy enviroment while the ok1 at a quiet?

May 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #101 of 116
Noise masks/outvoices bass and highs first. Due to the solid bass and accentuated highs, PK1 are easier to listen at noisy environments. 

Quote:
great comaparison!
from this review  and the "best earbus" , i get that the pk1 are better than the ok1 at a lower volume while the ok1 are better at a higher. ?
then , how is that the pk1 are better at a noisy enviroment while the ok1 at a quiet?

May 31, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #102 of 116
well then i should get the pk1.
now, where should i buy it? head-direct sell them at $160 + $10 worldwide shipping. but only 3-months warranty? is that ok? or should i buy somewhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back