Yuin is the best earbud on the planet?
Apr 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #46 of 59
thanks. from my experince wth both, when running un amped the pk2 sounds better than the pk1,when amped the pk1 is better...obiously.
I must say that i am listening right now to my new clip+ and the pk2 and it sound amazing,like a full size headphone soundwise...but minus the soundstage and that "Big" sound you get from full size headphones.

I think that if i would have to live on a desert island i would take the clip+ and pk2 with me.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #47 of 59
Hey folks, haven't check this thread for a while, sorta wanna let this thread "burn-in" a bit, and it was the right thing to do
biggrin.gif

@kls :
yeap, so now I'm more confused than ever...have tested the PK1 again...and lovin' it...but after reading nengerelf posts...I get more curious about MX 980...don't really wanna buy 2 expensive earbuds..and we don't get any return policy here

Too bad the comparison is with IE 8 (which is not an earbud), come on people, what's the comparison with PK1?
biggrin.gif
Might even consider the TM5 since they could be shipped to non US country (dunno whether they'll send it here...), what to do, what to do...

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #49 of 59
nahhh...I don't really like IEMs, well it's a personal preferences, but I've read some thread about the MX 980, whilst the owner loves them, but the comparison is what I wanted to read, esp with the current high-end earbud that is FOTM right now...in this case..it should be PK1 and TM5?
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out this thread!!
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/e...-cm700-371235/

Have a read and choose.
wink.gif

This is really a good thread, but unfortunately this thread not really considers MX 980 till now. No comparison of MX 980 to PK1 and TM5. Too bad. I hope this will change soon.

So my advice would be: Read this thread and additional consider MX 980 and then choose! :)
It would be a mistake to not consider MX 980.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by emti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad the comparison is with IE 8 (which is not an earbud), come on people, what's the comparison with PK1?
biggrin.gif
Might even consider the TM5 since they could be shipped to non US country (dunno whether they'll send it here...), what to do, what to do...

nahhh...I don't really like IEMs, well it's a personal preferences, but I've read some thread about the MX 980, whilst the owner loves them, but the comparison is what I wanted to read, esp with the current high-end earbud that is FOTM right now...in this case..it should be PK1 and TM5?

That is exactly what I am waiting for.
Comparison of MX 980, PK1 and TM5.
Unfortunately I never listened to any Yuin and also not to the TM5.
I would even not know where I could buy a Yuin here.
Even never saw any Yuin here.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #53 of 59
The staff at blox website did a comparison between tm5, pk1 and mx980 for me. he said pk1 is for vocals and clarity, mx980 has details and clarity (he did not mention if it is more detailed than pk1 or tm5), tm5 feels like real instruments playing. mx980 is not as big sounding as pk1 or tm5. tm5 is the only fullsized sounding buds with low impedance. They are also developing a model based on tm5 tech but with a different sound sig, he said the sq may not be as goods as tm5

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanonathena /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The staff at blox website did a comparison between tm5, pk1 and mx980 for me. he said pk1 is for vocals and clarity, mx980 has details and clarity (he did not mention if it is more detailed than pk1 or tm5), tm5 feels like real instruments playing. mx980 is not as big sounding as pk1 or tm5. tm5 is the only fullsized sounding buds with low impedance. They are also developing a model based on tm5 tech but with a different sound sig, he said the sq may not be as goods as tm5

Thanks for the information!

But: Do you believe a review if the reviewer is the supplier or manufacturer of one of the reviewed products? :wink:
Very interesting that the own product is the winner of the review, no?
But at least a good try :wink:

Still waiting for an impartial and objective review from people not connected to one of the suppliers!

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #55 of 59
@kanonathena
thanks for the info, but not exactly very useful...agree with nengerelf...however if he could describe everything more detailed (although it would still not a neutral review), it sure would be more interesting..

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanonathena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did they mention when the TM5 will be for sale again?

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #57 of 59
I forgot to mention I asked him to do the comparison for me. The goal of tm5 is a fullsized can sound with low impedance. Judging from the tone of staff and kostalex's review, I do believe him, he mentioned Sony E484, Aiwa D9, OK1, Crossroad HR1 as fullsized sounding, mx980 and cm700 close. It is pretty risky to lie to your customer these days, especially for a $180 earbud from a no name manufacturer, but stupid people do exist.

He said the tm5 will be in stock this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back