Yuin is the best earbud on the planet?
Apr 14, 2010 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

emti

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a new pair of high end earbud, and I'm looking @ yuins. It seems they have lots of positive review, is there any other high-end earphones that are worth comparing to the yuins?

I also saw new earbud from Senn which cost more or less like the yuins (MX 880 - MX 980)...does any gurus from head-fi have tried one of these new items and compared it to yuins? Any review will be appreciated, thx.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 59
Just for your information
regular_smile .gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...k1-ok1-468532/

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 59
@KLS:
Thanks a bunch for the link
smily_headphones1.gif
interesting...but It looks like senn's old model, doesn't it? Anyway, I don't think the BLOX TM5 is easy to get in my country...but I see some yuins and sennheiser available, even though the new Senns have yet to be available here.

The thing is like I explained, I read lots of positive review of yuin PK1 and is interested in them...but I wanted to find something in comparison, and I was looking @ the new senn since the brand is available here...plus they are a newer model than PK1, but I'm curious about the sound quality (doesn't make sense if I buy sth with lesser sq than the PK1)

@swbf2cheater:
Please explain why 880 is just sonic bliss, how about the MX 980? I'm interested in those two and are wondering whether MX 880 or MX 980 could be compared to PK1

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone posted a while back that the Blox TM5 was a limited edition run and was no longer available. =(

Yes I read about that too
ph34r.gif

@emti, if I read correctly, PK1 needs amping to sound best. Can't comment any further because I don't own them.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone posted a while back that the Blox TM5 was a limited edition run and was no longer available. =(

I emailed them the other day and they replied saying there is something on the cards soon
wink.gif
Im after a nice earbud to go with my iems.

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed them the other day and they replied saying there is something on the cards soon
wink.gif
Im after a nice earbud to go with my iems.

I sure hope it's something like the TM5. I never got to hear it, but the very few who did sure raved about them.

I have been pondering stepping up from my PK2 to the OK2. Possible better soundstage. I don't like amps...so I have not gone after the PK1....yet anyway. I do think that the soundstage of the PK2 will be hard to beat. It's quite amazing.

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #11 of 59
I have the PK1 and the OK1. I tried to get the TM5 but couldn't. That the TM5 was a limited edition would explain why.

All I have to say is that I love my OK1!! And yes both the OK1 and PK1 are quite hard to drive and benefit from an amp.

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #12 of 59
Yep, big fan of the OK1 too. It's long been my favorite earphone beating out basically all the top end IEMs I've tried. The TM5 would have been neat to try. I'd like to get my hands on a pair to demo.

To cal Yuin the best available, I think that's stretching it. The problem with that statement is that earbuds are largely ignored on this forum and largely untried. A LOT of brands and models simply have not been used, compared, and reviewed. Yuin is one of the few companies that people have tried and commented on. They do very well indeed, but at the same time, who is competing against them?

This forum really needs a good earbud shootout.
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #13 of 59
I had the Yuin PK3, but it was way too mid-centered for me. Bass was good but trebles too polite and relaxed for me.

I have had Senn MX660 & 760 earbuds for several years. They have great SQ and are not quite as laid back as the Senn full-size headphone line.

I recently bought the new MX471 model -- marketed for women, but look fine to me, and the cable is fantastic. They are a bit warmer sounding than the MX760 and a little less efficient, but still very good for the $20 price.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #14 of 59
the pk2 are the best efiecient earbud i heard so far. the PK1 need amping that's for sure. I had a pair but ended up selling them because i found carring an amp on the go really uncomfortable, so i got me a pair of pk2 and never really wanted more for portable use.
the TM5 looks very interesting...if they sound like the PK1 but without the need for an amp...it is probably the best buy anyone could ever purchase for his portable rig! too bad they were in limited edition...
frown.gif

anyway,I just got myself a new clip+, and the pk2 sound really great with it,but i though maybe getting another pair of pk3 just for fun..I heard they have more bass and more relaxed highs...interesting for me to try them out.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #15 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YTo cal Yuin the best available, I think that's stretching it. The problem with that statement is that earbuds are largely ignored on this forum and largely untried. A LOT of brands and models simply have not been used, compared, and reviewed.

Objection, sir. I did try a LOT, though I reviewed and described only the best. From top-brands I missed only the latest ( 2009-2010 ) models of Sennheiser. They are still not available in Russia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yuin is one of the few companies that people have tried and commented on. They do very well indeed, but at the same time, who is competing against them?

This forum really needs a good earbud shootout.
tongue.gif

I am revising my thread right now. Please, suggest how to make it good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back