Youtube video saying earphones are ripoff.
Aug 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #16 of 120
Come on... he has no experience with mid/high quality audio products. As he says his 2003 60 dollars JVC headphones is the best he has. He shows no respect to people who spends more than that in phones...  He documented himself only with a bestbuy ad and says things like "chinese crap"... what credit has that?

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 120
Does it really matter what some random person said on youtube? There are lots of things that I feel are ripoffs but to those who do buy it they are worth it. IMO headphones (or earphones) fit that category. I'm sure some of your friends or family think you are crazy for spending all this money on all of this but you probably think it is worth it.

I say don't worry about what someone else says but enjoy your music. I know I certainly am.

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #18 of 120
Oh my gosh, this comic made me laugh!  (and by this I mean basically laugh at myself, lol)

Quote:
I disagree. There are higher end cars that are more fun to drive. Maybe not $10000 more, but I have a friend with an Infiniti G37 S and it is significantly better than my manual Protege. Would I buy it? No. But I can see the value in owning a lower end sports coupe from an "underdog" manufacturer (like the Genesis when it came out).

EDIT: Picture is not directed at Uncle Erik. It is directed at the video.

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #19 of 120
semisight, I get the point, but you don't need to buy an Infiniti for a good time. Nothing against them, but Nissan probably loads $20k of profit or more into one. You don't need to buy something expensive for a good time.

I have lots of fun with an $1,500 investment. For two vehicles, that is. My old Comet cost me $800. It has a 302, sounds great and leaves smoky burnouts. I can't drive it around the block without a thumbs up or someone wanting to talk about it. The other is an old Nighthawk I got for $700. Great, very competent bike. It usually goes unnoticed on the road, but lots of people want to talk about it at bike nights - often the oldest bike to show up. You don't have to spend much at all for a good time and a conversation starter.

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #20 of 120
Someone needs to explain to him the difference between earbuds and IEMs.

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #21 of 120
For anyone wondering the headphones he's wearing are JVC HA-G55s. Worst $20 I ever spent on a JVC product. Absolute garbage compared to the HA-RX700 or HA-S700.

Aug 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #22 of 120
^^ Lol

Aug 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #23 of 120
^^ haha, nice
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #24 of 120
I hit pause and closed the window right at 1:06 when he says, "now in my opinion" Case Closed.  Luckily here we share our opinions in a positive, productive, and encouraging (sometimes too much encouraging to my wife's dismay) way.  It's a community of great people that share the same hobby that many of us have come to love.  We talk about it, agree to disagree in some cases but accept that for the most part its a subjective experience.  I am glad you all are here so that I can read everyone else's opinion on the experience that they are having with the same piece of gear that I own. I can make a more informed decision on my next purchase or rant about how I THINK they could make something better/cheaper/faster/brighter/tighter/etc...  Especially because I can learn from others if I haven't said that enough already.

Happy critical opinionated listening!

Aug 3, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #27 of 120

Quote:
Luckily BestBuy s don't sell any company's custom "earbuds", otherwise he could make a "6 x 6:55 long speech". We are all the lucky ones indeed.

haha, we can also thank bestbuy for not selling Audio Techinca CK100, and SE535s!
I'm wondering what could that guy think of 100000 dollar speakers, with 10000 dollar cables and amplifiers.

Aug 3, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #29 of 120

Quote:
ClieOS, that's why you never, ever buy a "luxury" or "prestige" car.  A $70,000 car really doesn't cost much more to assemble than a $15,000 car.  There's a bunch of superficial stuff (leather, etc.) and sometimes the interior materials are deliberately cheapened to make a car that costs $10,000 more seem more appealing.

I don't know how much does it cost to make different cars. but for me a Rolls Royce definietly looks, and feels better (although I never even touched a Rolls Royce), than a Honda, or even a BMW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back