Your Worst Holiday Gift -- Given or Received
Dec 2, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #31 of 52
skr, as soon as the individual from whom the "item" is coming from sends it to me and i have it in my hands, at which point i will know exactly what im dealing with, i will provide all the details........

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I'm expecting a CD from the Head-Fi Christmas gift exchange.......

Maybe not...especially if your partner has viewed this thread!

biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #33 of 52
My grandmother gave out some of the worst christmas gifts, I have no idea where she got some of the junk that she did, but it was always funny to hear what people would say when they opened them up. I remember she gave my uncle a plastic hat with a flashlight mounted on the front of it, he said "Thanks mom, this will come in handy when I'm checking out the girls I bring home from the club to make sure they don't have anything"
tongue.gif

My uncle also gives some pretty bad gifts, I remember recieving a Mark Lowry christian comedy videotape that was horrifyingly bad. He also gave me a strange paper thin tie-dye shirt that looked like a nurses apron that promptly made it's way into my brother's closet.

Dec 7, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #37 of 52
My mistake. I thought it was, because it had disappeared from those shown in the lounge. I was surprised when my earlier post went through. OK, let's hear more about those gifts.

Dec 8, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #39 of 52
A big styrofoam airplane I got when I was a kid.
redface.gif
Supposedly you throw it in the air and it should fly (yeah, right).
rolleyes.gif
On it's maiden "flight" it crashed into the ground and one of the wings broke off.
mad.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #40 of 52
recieved: A pack of Batman undies! Wow. I was fairly young, though. That's not much of an excuse.

given: I give only good presents.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 1:46 AM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
A big styrofoam airplane I got when I was a kid.
redface.gif
Supposedly you throw it in the air and it should fly (yeah, right).
rolleyes.gif
On it's maiden "flight" it crashed into the ground and one of the wings broke off.
mad.gif

I had two of those things, a big one (my sister used that) and a smaller one...those were fun, but as yoiu said it, they broke really quickly.

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #42 of 52
A couple of years ago my friend worked part time for a Credit Union in town--they were planning a big trip, and he invited me along (as most everyone else was well over our age, us being 17 at the time). Anyway, they were doing a cheap $10 gift exchange. I went into a Spencer Gifts and bought a pack of "Cork-it AD," which consisted of a cardboard box with two corks in it.

I received a bottle of peppermint Schnapps, which was promptly taken away only to be replaced by a box of chocolate covered cherries. Not that I have anything against chocolate covered cherries, but my friend and I had big plans for that Schnapps.

Dec 9, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Futhermucker
I gave a Jesus Action Figure away for Christmas. It was poorly received.

LOL! ROFLMAO W/TRDMF!!!

A Jesus action figure? Such a thing exists? I'm still laughing!!!

Did it look like this?

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
LOL! ROFLMAO W/TRDMF!!!

A Jesus action figure? Such a thing exists? I'm still laughing!!!

Did it look like this?

Once again, I'm speechless. Where do people come up with these ideas?

Dec 9, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by skr
I'm speechless...

He's a good friend, a self-proclaimed ****-fiend, and it was a gag gift. He got a real gift afterwards.

It was meant purely in fun, and that's what it was taken as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back