Your widescreen wpapers?
Mar 3, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 24
I've gotten pretty lucky by just searching for my resolution dimensions within google and yahoo images. For example, search for '1280 800'...they had more for 1024 768, but I've found a few widescreen.

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #17 of 24
if anything else, I just take a high-res image is crop it to the aspect I want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.widescreenbabes.com/
mischief.gif

LOL, thanks for that link, James
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #18 of 24
Here's one that I scanned from a comic book if you're into that sort of thing (I am). I tweaked it a bit and added the full artist and copyright info.

Click on the image for the full size 1680x1050 version:

Mar 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #20 of 24
Jeez there is some horrible taste in wallpapers here. Either that, or, as the op laments, no one is making decent widescreen backgrounds. It used to be that you'd check Deskmod, Deviantart, Customize.org, Skinz.org, and then when they died Wincustomize. But nowadays? Nothing but "swirly things" and photo manips.
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez there is some horrible taste in wallpapers here. Either that, or, as the op laments, no one is making decent widescreen backgrounds. It used to be that you'd check Deskmod, Deviantart, Customize.org, Skinz.org, and then when they died Wincustomize. But nowadays? Nothing but "swirly things" and photo manips.
frown.gif

Ditto on the deviantart. They even have a widescreen section, and sometimes you can adapt (i.e. crop, resize, etc) people's art to fit your screen with good results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back