Your top twenty sitcoms of all time...
Feb 16, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #16 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Oddly enough, a good chunk of mine are British as well (long long time since I've seen some of them, though):
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister
To the Manor Born
Butterflies
Red Dwarf

American (long time since I've seen any of these either; don't watch much TV these days):
Family Ties
Night Court
I Dream of Jeannie
M*A*S*H

Hmmm... I'm running low here. Never could stand "Married With Children", although I'm always vaguely disturbed by the fact that Ed O'Neal (the father) turns out to be a really good actor, in other venues.

I dream of Jeanie........ yeh that was good as was "bewitched" with Elizabeth Montgomery.......... good stuff keep them coming............

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
I can't watch a single episode of either Friends or Will & Grace. Year after year of the same sex jokes that weren't funny the first time.

Amen. That show would be dead in the water without Karen. Jack is probably the most annoying character on television. It's extremely repetitive humor that always focuses on the same topic - homosexuality and booze. A real one-trick pony, if you ask me.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #18 of 76
Any of you Brits ever seen 'Allo Allo'? That is my personal favourite... it is by the same guys that make 'Are you Being Served' and is similar, except that it is actually funny.
tongue.gif

I don't really watch many sitcoms now, but I do really enjoy King of Queens. When I was younger it was all about Fresh Prince of Belair... I still watch it if it comes on one of the rerun stations.
cool.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #19 of 76
1] Sopranos
2] Frasier
3] That 70s show
4] Simpsons
5] Seinfeld
6] The Cosby Show
7] Fresh Prince of Bel Air
8] Friends (yeah...I watch this show
tongue.gif
)
9] 24
10] ER
11] Will and Grace
12] CSi
13] The Office
14] Scrubs

umm...These are the only ones I bother to watch but the only ones that I watch with continuity are:-

1] 24
2] Frasier
3] Seinfeld
4] Sopranos
5] Simpsons
6] That 70s show

some are in the past (not running anymore) and I havent ordered them on any scale so its purely random.

There are many more shows but almost none of them come to mind right now
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #21 of 76
1. The Honeymooners
2. I Love Lucy
3. Seinfeld
4. Coupling (British)
5. Sex and the City
6. The Simpsons
7. Southpark
8. Cheers
9. Mork and Mindy
10. Dick van Dyke Show (original)
11. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
12. Curb Your Enthusiasm
13. Gilligan's Island
14. Arliss
15. All in the Family
16. Northern Exposure
17. Friends
18. George Burns and Gracie Allen
19. Soap
20. Sanford and son

These are not in order of preference (except the first two) and there are more that I haven't mentioned because I wanted to keep it to 20.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #22 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Any of you Brits ever seen 'Allo Allo'? That is my personal favourite... it is by the same guys that make 'Are you Being Served' and is similar, except that it is actually funny.
tongue.gif

I don't really watch many sitcoms now, but I do really enjoy King of Queens. When I was younger it was all about Fresh Prince of Belair... I still watch it if it comes on one of the rerun stations.
cool.gif

How did I forget Allo Allo? That show is great. Haven't seen "Are you Being Served" though.....

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #23 of 76
Quote:

1] Sopranos
2] Frasier
3] That 70s show
4] Simpsons
5] Seinfeld
6] The Cosby Show
7] Fresh Prince of Bel Air
8] Friends (yeah...I watch this show )
9] 24
10] ER
11] Will and Grace
12] CSi
13] The Office
14] Scrubs

Sitcoms? You've got a strange sense of humour.
smily_headphones1.gif
May as well add HBO's "Carnivalle" to the list as well .... it's a laugh a minute.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #24 of 76
I am sorry that I don't know any British sitcoms. Other than what I see occasionally on BBC America.

US sitcoms that I have liked;
Leave It To Beaver
Dick Van Dyke Show
The Munsters
The Addams Family
Bewitched
Mary Tyler Moore Show
All In The Family
M*A*S*H*
Night Court
Barney Miller
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cybil
Coach
Wings
Married With Children
Home Improvement
Everybody Loves Raymond
King of Queens

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #26 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
1. The Honeymooners
2. I Love Lucy
3. Seinfeld
4. Coupling (British)
5. Sex and the City
6. The Simpsons
7. Southpark
8. Cheers
9. Mork and Mindy
10. Dick van Dyke Show (original)
11. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
12. Curb Your Enthusiasm
13. Gilligan's Island
14. Arliss
15. All in the Family
16. Northern Exposure
17. Friends
18. George Burns and Gracie Allen
19. Soap
20. Sanford and son

These are not in order of preference (except the first two) and there are more that I haven't mentioned because I wanted to keep it to 20.

How did I forget Gilligan's Island? and Northern Exposure I wish Northern Exposure had gone on longer.
Oh jeez, Soap! I forgot all about Soap. That was a good show. I left out the animated shows like South Park and Simpsons, though I do love them.
There was also a one season or so show by Mel Brooks called When Things Were Rotten. That was a great show that didn't make it.

edit;
I love Hogans Heroes, I forgot all about that show.
I like the very early Happy Days shows, up until Fonzy moved into the Cunninghams garage attic space.
Andy Griffith was always good, and I kind of liked some of the I Love Lucy Shows, I didn't like them always. I think it was because people were always yelling in those early sitcoms. Even All In The Family gets a little unnerving sometimes because of the yelling.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #27 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ
How did I forget Allo Allo? That show is great. Haven't seen "Are you Being Served" though.....

Yeah, it's great. My stepfather has all the episodes taped. You are not missing much with are you being served... it's not worth your time. Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Are you taking the piss??? Allo Allo is a British (made in the UK) sitcom.

yeah, I know... that's why I asked
smily_headphones1.gif

I noticed there were quite a few people on here from England and nobody was mentioning it... what exactly is 'taking the piss' by the way?
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back