Your three favourite Female Vocalists
Jun 14, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #76 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Diana Krall
Norah Jones
Jane Monheit..... I'm seeing her live on august 8th. 2 rows back, front and center. Not ideal for acoustics, but I wouldn't want to miss the view.

Sleestack, is she performing in Costa Mesa? A few weeks ago I thought I might have read that she was performing there, but it doesn't seem to say on her website...
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #77 of 85
Current Favs:

Opera/Choral - Christa Ludwig, Anne-Sophie van Otter (so many other good ones it's hard to choose);
Rock - Aimee Mann (Lost is Space is a genius album);
Jazz/Pop - June Christy - check out "Something Cool" - kicks modern jazz/pop singers' butts (who shall remain nameless) IMO.

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #78 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by petery83
Sleestack, is she performing in Costa Mesa? A few weeks ago I thought I might have read that she was performing there, but it doesn't seem to say on her website...
confused.gif

No in San 'ose, on the opening night of the San Jose Jazz festival. The rest of the festival is free, but the opening night concert and gala is a ticket only event.

Jun 14, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #79 of 85
Since no one mentioned them:
Pop : Oleta Adams, Aretha Franklin and Tracey Thorn (Everything But The Girl).The latter gets also my vote for the ugliest female singer alive.
Rock : Sandra Nasic (Guano Apes)
Opera : Kiri te Kanawa

Jun 14, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #80 of 85
Aretha Franklin

Ella Fitzgerald

Elisabeth Schwarzkopf

Regards,

L.

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #82 of 85
Dusty Springfield
Karen Carpenter
Joni Mitchell