Your thoughts on the Monoprice/Monolith M1060 Headphones?
Jun 8, 2021 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

New Head-Fier
There are definitely mixed opinions about this set of headphones, but what do you think about them? Are they good in terms of build quality, sound quality, and comfort? I am looking into these headphones because they are "cheap" planar magnetics.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 5
They are uncomfortably heavy. Sound and build quality are ok, but the construction feels a bit weird with how the cups freely rotate.
The HE4XX might be a better option, if you don't want to feel like having a tank on your head. Sound is good, but there seem to be some quality control issues.
You could also save up and go straight for a DCA Aeon RT (500$). Which has amazing sound, build quality and comfort.

Jun 13, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 5
M1060 (open) are good bang for buck and nothing close to being heavy or uncomfortable to me. Agreed in the beginning they can do some really weird X-type folding. After some time you know you want to grab both cups when putting them on and back. They have a lot more lit-up signature than Audeze LCD-2(Classic) for example and can't compete with LCD low end I remember. Other than that nice pair. If you could find discontinued(?) Audeze vegan pads or some Dekoni's the M1060 turns a shade smoother.

Jun 13, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Looked it up and ordered a pair Sept 2018 and returned before the 30 day window on Amazon. I have several heavy headphones so weight is not a problem for me and did not find them real heavy and they were fairly comfortable if memory serves but the bass and highs were the problem for me. Take this as what it’s worth as it has been awhile. The couple of things I remember was the bass was kind of flabby not like most of my planars where the bass is tight and fairly linear it seems they tried to do more of a boomy bass or at least more bass quantity and just seemed flabby to me as they were trying hard to give more bass. The highs were a bit rough for me as well though not sibilant but not what I like. Yes have very expensive and better headphones but do like to take the chance on something new to try out.
That said I would definitely take the Sundara’s over the 1060’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back