Your thoughts on 100% Non-Smoking Hotels?....
Feb 14, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #31 of 39
I'm non-smoker and one time I have to take a smoking room since that's the only one available at that time. I hate the experience and will not stay in that hotel again.

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another thing I forgot to point out is that not only are smoking rooms, well, smokey smelling, you have, what I like to call, "careless smokers". Just like you have those careless people that dont control there kids who seem to run around the halls screaming late at night, careless smokers (like the man who felt like he should smoke in the halls and lobby), dont have any respect for the hotel. I can't tell you how much furniture, carpet, wall coverings, sheets, bed covers, drapes, even telephones and TV's have been ruined by cigarettes. How? People purposely/carelessly leaving lit cigarettes where they should not be left (like on top of the TV, or on the bed). I am really surprised that we haven't had a fire.

I think the rudeness and carelessness of a few really generated a lot of backlash against smokers. I used to know smokers who would walk into an elevator with a lit cigarette and puff away while the people around them gagged and coughed their lungs out. Embarrassing to be a smoker around idiots like that!

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #36 of 39
IMO I would think the non-smoking room hotel would be better. The only people you are going to turn away is smokers (the hardcore ones who are too lazy to go outside for a smoke). The non-smokers will thank you, and IMO there are more non-smokers in the world then there are smokers.

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #37 of 39
I was a smoker of cigs about 24 years ago and seven years ago I stopped smoking cigars and I would always look for a non smoking hotel first and so would my wife. I travel a lot and am very happy in places that don't allow smoking especially in restaurants. So when I have to go to Las Vegas on business I try and get the non smoking rooms which are usually in non smoking floors.

Go Non Smoking it the best for your Hotel and The Public at Large.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back