Your street camera to carry everywhere?
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 14
I used to carry a D40X until I left it somewhere in the train during my daily commute. Then the D5100 was my companion but stopped working not long ago. The thing is, I was genuinely careful and this is the second time I have to send it to repair. I rather use my cellphone currently. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 14
Sony DSC-RX100 all the way!
Best purchase I made in quiet some time :)

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
I used to carry a D40X until I left it somewhere in the train during my daily commute. Then the D5100 was my companion but stopped working not long ago. The thing is, I was genuinely careful and this is the second time I have to send it to repair. I rather use my cellphone currently. 

No offense, but how do you just *leave* a D40X?

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 14
I bought groceries that day and I had to carry my camera outside my backpack. I was in a rush and "left" or "forgot" (insert your option here) it. I tried calling the SBB to report the lost but they never found it. I hurted to see my 18-70mm gone... and the D40X body too...  

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 14
On my commute, I always have a Contax T in my bag. I love, love, love that camera, and own three of them. On nice days when I know I'm going to give myself some time for a walk, I'll often bring my Fuji GF670, another great compact rangefinder. Every now and again I'll bring a Leica III(f/g) along for the ride, or if I'm feeling a bit silly the Minox IIIs. 

I'd love to bring my Technikardan on my commute, but police in my section of the District are a bit funny about tripods... 
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 14
On my commute, I always have a Contax T in my bag. I love, love, love that camera, and own three of them. On nice days when I know I'm going to give myself some time for a walk, I'll often bring my Fuji GF670, another great compact rangefinder. Every now and again I'll bring a Leica III(f/g) along for the ride, or if I'm feeling a bit silly the Minox IIIs. 

I'd love to bring my Technikardan on my commute, but police in my section of the District are a bit funny about tripods... 
wink.gif

Wow. Baller status.

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #10 of 14
I use a Pentax K-5 IIs, usually with a small prime lens from their Limited series.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #12 of 14
Right now, I always have an iPhone 5 on me. Otherwise I carry around a Nikon D60 with a 35mm 1.8 or the 18-55VR kit lens. The problem with that is I have to actually plan on bringing the camera with me which causes too many missed photo opportunities.

As of late I've been thinking of getting something more portable/convenient that I can always have with me, something like a Nokia Lumia 1020 or a Sony RX100.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
Otherwise I carry around a Nikon D60 with a 35mm 1.8 or the 18-55VR kit lens. The problem with that is I have to actually plan on bringing the camera with me which causes too many missed photo opportunities.

I totally agree. That's why i'm in the search of new smaller camera myself.

I was thinking of Sony RX1 before i read that the battery lasts only 75 - 150 shots and battery can only be charged inside camera.
Fuji X100s seems nice camera but the lens is not that sharp wide open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back