Your Recommendations On The Best Sports?Performance Car Under $45k For Me?
Jul 29, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #76 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
Don't get the hard top, LOL! It's a roadster! If anything, Honda needs to make an S2000 derived coupe and call it the return of the Prelude. And undercut the Cayman.

As long as they include cup holders this time
rolleyes.gif

That was the worst part about my Prelude

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #77 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
As long as they include cup holders this time
rolleyes.gif

That was the worst part about my Prelude

Blasphemy! The sports car purists will have none of that! I've got a cupholder for you: it's called a passenger.

I kid, I kid. A cupholder or two never hurt anyone. It's funny when purists get in a tizzy over something so trivial. What's hilarious is the new MX-5, a two seat roadster, has FOUR cupholders. You know what's even more hilarious? To satisfy these purists, Mazda actually has the balls to use newspeak! Those aren't cupholders; they're "circular multi-pockets". I'm not making that up.

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #78 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
It also seems that smaller, economical cars are more common in Europe. I have a British friend who recently bought a car. She informed me that it "should have quite a bit of pep, as it's got a 1.6L" engine. I had to laugh. In America, you'd have a hard time finding a car with an engine that small if you even wanted to - it's almost akin to a hamster in a wheel.

Acura Integra Type R has something like a 1.8 liter engine.

In Europe, isn't car licensing fees based on size of engine? That can get expensive very quickly.

Jul 29, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #80 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
A moto GP bike is faster than an F1 car on most tracks...

I don't think that is true at all. GPs can pull on some straights, but they would get killed in the turns by an F1 car. Check out these F1 and GP times on 3 famous tracks.

Suzuka:
Schumacher - 1.36.125
Capirossi - 2.04.604
Catalunya:
Schumacher - 1.20.355
Biaggi - 1.44.523
Sepang:
Montoya - 1.38.049
Barros - 2.04.376

Users who are viewing this thread

Back