Your post count target for the year is?
Apr 24, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #33 of 41
Less than 1000

I said 600 but I guess I moved and am moving quicker than I thought

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #35 of 41
my goal is to NOT hit 10k this year. if i do, that means i SERIOUSLY have no life.

Apr 24, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #36 of 41
I read more than post now, so my post count hasn't been up. Still averaging at 2.1/day, so hopefully I will hit 3000 at the end of the year. I used to be on Headfi many hours per day, but once landing a real job...I have slow down a lot.

Purk

Apr 24, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #37 of 41
Well, let's see. There're about 250 days left in the year, and if I continue to post at my current rate of 2.70 posts per day, I should reach ~1760 by the end of the year. My target, though, would be 1499 and have my post counter break and stay stuck there so I may never attain the title Headphoneus Supremus. Of course, I could stop posting altogether, but that would be too easy.

Apr 25, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #39 of 41
Some sites I've been on have removed post counts as they were being valued way too much. A member with 10K posts isn't necessarily better or more experienced then one with 1K.

What did they used to call it? Oh yeah - post whoring.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Alex

Apr 25, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #41 of 41
If I do what I tell myself I'm going to do, my post count should begin to wind down. I find myself on the computer too much, and seem to find my way to this (and a few others) forum.

Looking at my list of things to accomplish in the next year, any minute spent on a forum takes away from the precious time needed to do what I need to do. Not to say I don't enjoy posting here, but at the end of the day, I doubt I'll meet and have any friends from internet forums other than in a cyber sense. It's hard enough for me to find time to meet family of friends in my real (physical) life.

So my real goal is to detach myself from internet forums on a social level, and only use them when I need information. Head-Fi came through with flying colors when I began my search for headphones. Thanks to this place, I have made great upgrades and am very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back