Your Perfect PMP?
Aug 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NonApplicable

100+ Head-Fier
If you could construct your own PMP/or build upon a existing one, how could you make it personally perfect? The rules are, 1) you can't give it features that aren't within reason(ex. Zeus struck my PMP with a lightning bolt allowing for impossibly high impedance phones to explode in angelic sound and satisfaction), and 2) everyone elses perfect player sucks and you have the only valid opinion =)

Mine.
  1. The dimensions of a galaxy SII.
  2. The beautiful Galaxy SII screen resolution and clarity + Cowon Video Codec support
  3. ZuneHD/Windows 7 like UI + PlayerPro(android music app) like interface
  4. Physical skip, play and volume buttons
  5. 3g ability(like a small tablet)
  6. Excellent Podcast Support(scarce for some reason)
  7. Jeteffect/BBE settings.  

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 9
The Sony X1061 is by far my best so far, thin, light and nothing can beat its sound quality without tripling the size :)

Aug 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 9
Just an iPod Touch with 1TB of storage, thin and about $300.

I'm happy enough with iPods (I have no illusions of PMPs overtaking the home rig) but would like to take a large collection of lossless music with me.

Am hoping I can get something like this in 2-3 years.

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 9
Fiio X3 with dual full size sdxc(micro is for losers
tongue.gif
) slots or a Rockboxed Ipod classic with 1tb storage space or a dap that has buttons, can support flac files and has 2 full size usb 3.0 that you can attach external harddrives/solid state drives(just put a rubber band around if you want to make it purty and clean).  
My noobish photoshop
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #7 of 9
a)the latest sony A-series with cheap price and 160GB of memory...love sony interface so much
b) Fiio X3 with equalizer like cowon and interface like sony <---possibly the best portable for headphones

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 9
Sansa Fuze dimensions, touch screen, high output, swappable battery, line out, large spacious sound stage qualities, immensely clear with great quality components, under $250

ideal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back