Your opinion.......What is the greatest 5 minutes of music ever written / recorded
Sep 12, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 33
51zs8UJ6XVL._SS500_.jpg

There are so many segments from this album which i could put as the best 5 minutes of music from any song/recording- too many to list here.
I think i'll knock off early today and go and crack open a few cold ones in the garden while reacquainting myself with this modern musical masterpeice.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 33
That's a tough one. I'm going to go with Great Gig in the Sky off DSOTM. "Best" is certainly debatable, but nothing moves me quite as much as that tune. And the Dream Theater cover doesn't disappoint either, it's possibly better than the original.

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #9 of 33
something from pink floyd, probably, but i've never really taken the time to sit down and figure it out.

maybe "wish you were here."

i love to hear DMB jam though, and Ants Marching is hard to beat when they do it live.

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 33
If we are going to choose moments from Floyd albums, let's pick one that is exceptional good.

The build up to the murderous scream from 'Careful with that Axe Eugene' from Ummagumma.

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #12 of 33
I know, but I just jumped on the bus....Sorry.

Anyways, off the bus....hmm....Not the best, maybe not even my favorite, but China Doll from the Reckoning album is a very eerie 5 or so blissful minutes of music and tight beautiful harmonies.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #13 of 33
Sep 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #15 of 33
The 5 minutes immediately after the end of any Pink Floyd album. That beautiful sound of peace and quiet. Priceless!

Nah, I'm just yanking on your chains. I enjoy PF as much as any reasonable person should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back