Your most fun build
May 8, 2006 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

seanohue

500+ Head-Fier
What was your most fun project to build?

I would say my Millett Hybrid (except the dDB, the casing, and the troubleshooting) but that's only the biggest thing I've ever built (M3 soon though
smily_headphones1.gif
)

May 8, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 12
Certainly an amp loosely based on the Pimeta (three channels multiloop but with diamond buffers), built point to point on perfboard. Sounds decent too.

May 9, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 12
My DAC. It's the first project I built fully from the ground up. With no experience in digital circuitry, about a year of R&D, lots of talking on this forum and others and msn chats with fellow head-fiers It's finally come together, and sounds fabulous. Atm i'm still in the process of upgrading it. Better inupt stage, better power supply.

Considering the time it took to build, it definitly is the most satisfying project I ever did.

May 9, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 12
Right now it's the M^3 sitting on the dining room table waiting for a case. Finished the build and setup Saturday and sat up till 2am listening to it, rediscovering some old favorites, getting chills all over again, and finding some new/old stuff to be blown away by.

May 9, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 12
May 9, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #8 of 12
I really enjoyed the Millett Hybrid. Not the most challenging work I've done, but it really "came together" correctly.

The parts were easy to find and inexpensive, the PCB was easy to work on and it went together without a hitch.

Best of all, I visited the local electronics junk store, and found an awesome case for it. It was the power supply for a UV light (really), but is sold steel with black anodized faceplates. I need to Bondo a few holes on it this weekend and paint it, but the whole thing has been fun and easy so far. Maybe I'll do another as a gift.

May 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 12
The good old "Chiarra" headamp kit, fun on a stick
tongue.gif
The WNA kits were always a bugger and more of a plug and pray / screaming head off type of build but the Chiarra was pure fun and always worked first time!

May 9, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #10 of 12
May 9, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctor
this :
LoL.. not named. not a Millet, not a YAHA, not a SOHA, not a MHHA. but it works, and makes a sound!
eggosmile.gif

Nice thing - have you a schema for all us?
580smile.gif

May 9, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzS
Nice thing - have you a schema for all us?
580smile.gif

naah.. doubt you guys would be interested in a Diamond Buffered Millet variant using easy to find (to me at least) 6DJ8/6922 tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back